Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have you seen this?? Maybe Cinnamon Toast Crunch. They show this guy (nerd) in a suit and say how he's too responsible. Then they put on some Bono shades and plop a sportbike down next to him---meaning less responsibility. bastards.

Oh, by the way.......
I just got back from Ocean City, MD this weekend. I HOPE THE REST OF THE DRUNK YUPPIE COUCH CRUISERS DIE TOO. I did not see a single SNELL or DOT approved helmet on any harley. They all have those fake "skid-lids". No wonder they're droppin' like flys. But which 2-wheeler did I see pulled over??? the 30-something with a real helmet and other protective gear on a sportbike.

I feel much better;)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have known better:( :D :eek:

·
Registered
380 Posts
:D
I was in OC the weekend before the 4th. On the way down- saw nothing but squids in shorts, sneakers, wife-beaters and maybe a helmet (since you know it's optional in Delaware). Down at the beach- same thing except they liked to rev way up to hear themselves. I think the action is similar to a monkey's masturbating.

Didn't see many cruisers around though. I guess they were all hanging at the Purple Moose listening to the groovy cover bands.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
inanima said:

Didn't see many cruisers around though. I guess they were all hanging at the Purple Moose listening to the groovy cover bands.
LOL, I went there by accident (bus was full, had to have a drink at each bar we walked by). The band "Sunbolt" was there, oh my god it was hilarious!
I agree with the monkey part, if ever there was a center for posing....

·
Registered
134 Posts
OCMD

I've always wanted to ride to OC, but since i'm the only person that i know that rides (family doesn't friends don't) it would kinda be less fun.
Then , when you get to Ocean City, it's a 40 mph straightaway with alot of cops, kids, cars on Coastal Highway.

I still want to ride down there though. Maybe in the fall. I'd sweat my ass off on Rt 1 from Bethany to Fenwick. (leather jacket)

Maybe I'll see some of you guys there.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Cliffrock, can you keep an eye out for that commercial and try to catch what bike it was they used. As a new rider looking to purchase I think that if that bike helped that loser a little, imagine what it could do for me!! Thanks man!;)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Re: OCMD

gmax6 said:
I've always wanted to ride to OC., ...Then , when you get to Ocean City, it's a 40 mph straightaway with alot of cops, kids, cars on Coastal Highway..... Maybe in the fall. I'd sweat my ass off on Rt 1 from Bethany to Fenwick. (leather jacket)

Maybe I'll see some of you guys there.
Yeah the ride down through Delaware kinda sucks, and if you're not into hard-core posing, Coastal Highway can be tough in the summer. I'll probably be heading down again in early September (cheaper, less tourist)....weather's good, and less crowded means less sunburnt potbellies at the bar getting in my way of a good drink. :D

Send me an e-mail, and maybe we can all organize something-
[email protected]

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh yeah

I am pretty sure, judging by the plastic and twin pipes coming out from under the front fender the it was an Apriliati YZF548RR1 Erion Racing Edition, with double, of course, Nickel-Cadmium oval canisters made by Two 'Povics Racing.

Yeah, now that I think about it, that was it. :cool:

I think it deenos at 240 or sumthin like that.

Imagine what it could do for any of us, wow

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, sadly, that was an attempt at humor. It was supposed to be non-factual and semi-jumbled with some colloquialisms thrown in for good measure. I know I left some words out. Let me explain...no wait, nevermind.

Man, tough room.

By the way tboze, how did you know about my doctoral thesis?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just messing with your head man. No harm intended, but I did check your "profile" to stir you up. BTW, what's the doctorate degree you are pursuing? I have a B. S. Degree in Business Admin. and never pursued the "prestigious" MBA degree. But then again I'm 6 years from retirement from a career in federal law enforcement. My 22 year old son just got an Associates Degree and has no freakin clue as to what's next for him, he talks about many things, but no real ideas yet. Ride safe and good luck in your doctorate studies. Tom

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
oh yikes. I start a fellowship for a PhD in Clinical Psychology (5-year program) in August.

So, I will be doing my doctoral thesis in the next few years.
I earned my AA in 98 after I took a lot of time to get a clue.

LOL I too have a BS degree!!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Cliffrock said:
Oh, by the way.......
I just got back from Ocean City, MD this weekend. I HOPE THE REST OF THE DRUNK YUPPIE COUCH CRUISERS DIE TOO. I did not see a single SNELL or DOT approved helmet on any harley. They all have those fake "skid-lids". No wonder they're droppin' like flys.
Dropping like flys?????

Really?????

You got some hard statistics to prove that, or is it just wishful thinking???

1 - 20 of 30 Posts