Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like we solidified a date for October 8th. I wanted to start a new thread to clean things up a bit. Check out this link for details. Post up your interest and number of persons.

Rates are as follows:

Regular rate: $130 each
1 Redline member: $120
2 Redline members/family/friends: $115 each
3-4 Redline members/family/friends:$105 each
5+ Redline members/family/friends: $95 each

Here are the details of the class...this is a cut and paste from the above thread.

Class starts at 8.50am, and concludes at 7pm, with breaks in between.

Please send your $50 deposit (personal check or money order) to:

SWAT Academy
2255 White Pine Drive
Wixom, MI 48393

In the envelope, please include your contact details, and a method you'd like to receive the confirmation (snail mail, email etc). If you could also please ensure that the check/m.o. cannot be seen through the envelope, that would be great too. Also, please let me know at least 72 hours before the class if you need to rent a firearm in the class so we have enough for everybody.

I'll provide regular updates of the numbers attending, and will also post the night before class with the final count of Redline members and affiliated participants. That way, everybody will know what the class rate will be. I'm hoping it will be over 12 so everybody can get the $95 rate per person.

Gumby, I will give you a call. My apologies for the delay...I have been extremely busy with the last class we ran on Saturday, as well the closing of my house and everything required for my move later in the year.

Cheers!

·
Registered
265 Posts
By the way, just to clarify that you don't need to book 5 people at once to get the $95 rate. The discount is cumulative.

Since we're more than likely going to get over 5 people total through Redline, then everybody is going to receive the $95 discount rate (as long as we get at least 5 total)! Single bookings will get the $95 rate just the same as bookings of 8 or 10 people at once.

But I also want to let you know that I can fit a total of 30 people into the one day program. Some people have mentioned bookings of 10 people, 4 people etc. Well, if that came to fruition, that's half the class booked right there.

Once this one-day class is full, I can still fit more into the class on the Saturday, but those 'overflow' people (number 31 onwards) would need to do the range session on a weeknight from say, 6.30-9.30pm (unless a one day student decided to switch places). Or, I could run a second Saturday class if the demand is there.

So, first come, first served for October 8th!! A received deposit will secure your place. And I'm hoping to (weather permitting) meet some of you at a regular meet either this Wednesday or Thursday night if you wanted to hand them to me in person.

Cheers,

·
Registered
265 Posts
Guys, I move to my new place (until I leave for Australia) on Friday. So, if you haven't already sent the deposits, please send them to this address:

Attn: Simon Richards
SWAT Academy
16876 Farmington Road
LIVONIA, MI 48154-2947

BTW, all mail sent to the Wixom address will be forwarded to my new address.

Or, feel free to stop by and drop the deposit off in person (corner of 6 Mile and Farmington). Please call me on 248.961.2300 however to make sure I'll be there.

Might see some of you at RO Thursday night as long as I can get all my stuff into the new place tomorrow!).

Thanks!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thought I'd refresh this thread, given that it is now less than a month until the class.

We do need to receive the deposits by October 1st, and in all reality that's not too far away. So, if you intend on attending, I'll kindly ask that you please don't delay in sending your deposit. I have a limit of 30 people total for the one day classes, and there will likely be some other non-Redline/WOS people attending this class too. This will be first come, best dressed.

I have mentioned this now as some of you have indicated that you have others interested in attending with you. It usually takes some time to round up other people's deposits, so it would (IMHO and I really do speak from experience here) be a good idea to start collecting now the other people's deposits that you will be referring.

Deposits should be sent to:

SWAT Academy
16876 Farmington Road
LIVONIA, MI 48154

Following receipt of your deposit, you will be sent a confirmation which will give you all the pertinent details of the class (let me know if you want it via snail mail or email). Please also indicate if you will need to rent a pistol for the class.

Many thanks!

Sime

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just find it funny that a CCW instructor is moving back to Australia, land of the draconian gun laws... Good Luck Simon!

·
Registered
265 Posts
paragon said:
I just find it funny that a CCW instructor is moving back to Australia, land of the draconian gun laws... Good Luck Simon!
Yeah, it is kind of silly, isn't it Paragon? I wish that I could change my countries lack of love for firearms, but I am going there because of my blood family. Unfortunately they won't move to America! So I have to put up with just a really nice Benchmade (knife!).

Well, hopefully I'll get the chance to carry a firearm in Oz as I am planning on applying to be a Federal Agent. And I think the Feds there carry Glock, so I am set!!

Cheers,

·
Registered
969 Posts
So I dropped off my deposit today and I heard only one other person has sent theirs in. SLACKERS!!! I also picked up a few nice items cheap from his moving sale. He's got a lot of nice stuff if anyone needs anything I'd check it out. Good deals too! Where's Almighty he could clean up there. I see a few people talking about they are in but that's all the're doing is talking...

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
i wanna do it, i already talked to him about it....but i dont know if i wanna spend 100 bucks or not to do it especially since i cant even get the license for a year and a half! (since im only 19)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hey Nate,

It was great to meet you tonight. Thanks for dropping off the deposit and glad that you could get some deals on the items that I have. As you pointed out, there's plenty more stuff!

And to the 'other' Nate, as I had mentioned on the email to you....concealed carry is not something you can just 'jump' into. You have no idea how much of a good service you are doing for yourself by taking the class and commencing practicing well before you apply. Try not to think of it as a wasted $100 just b/c you can't apply right away.......this is an investment in you and your life! And for that, there is no price.

Besides, how many times in the past have you spent $100 on something you couldn't now even remember where that $100 went to???

And, the stakes for 'getting it wrong' without the proper level of practice and training wil be even higher. You can't even hire an attorney for less than $250 per hour these days! $95 is cheap by comparison.

Definitely is your call about whether you want to do the class now, but you are going to get the Redline discount for the 10/8 class. This is a one time only thing that I am doing. I guess it will cost you more if you wait because the discount won't be there in the future (and neither will I as I will be in Australia chasing crocodiles - J/K!!!!). Regarding the items I have for sale, when did you want to come and look at them?

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
yeah man, if i can make it down this weekend at all i can come stop by, otherwise im moving to farmington hills next sunday now (25th) so i can definitely come over either sunday, or monday after work. so ill be in touch...i guess you make a good point, and whats another $100?!?!? thats like fake childs play money to me anymore....

hah, i wish.....

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hey James et al,

I'm so sorry about not replying to the PM's. The reason is simple....I had no idea they were even there!!! Normally when I log into other web forums, it notifies you either by a pop-up or an email that you have a PM. Obviously, this is not enabled by default when you register. So they just kept piling up.

There are like 8 messages in my inbox!! :eek: So, I will respond to everybody....sorry it is belated!

Just a reminder to everybody that it is now only 2 weeks remaining to send in your deposits for the class. I know how quickly how fast time flies and a lot of people have said that they want to come, so please do put your deposits in the mail soon!!! I only have two deposits to date and if I don't get a minimum of 10 people (at the $95 rate) in the class, I will have no choice but to cancel it!

Cheers,

1 - 20 of 76 Posts