Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on racing both Sat. and Sun.

If you have never watched a club race, you really need to come and watch this. No cubic dollar sponsors. Just a bunch of great people and good clean fun.

Come and cheer me on while while I fight to the finish for last place!

Black '02 F-150 with Pak-Rak in bed.

#121 Amature.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
I might be up for heading out there on the 1st...

Umm..fighting for last..? Since you took Jason's school, I bet your lots faster ...:D

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hammer 4 said:
I might be up for heading out there on the 1st...

Umm..fighting for last..? Since you took Jason's school, I bet your lots faster ...:D
Jason is a great instructor, not a miracle worker:D

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
racerxgirl said:
Do they have a trackday on the friday before the races? Usually CCS has one, i would like to check out the track definetly!
Yes, they ususally do but I have not figured out how to find out. You might try WWW.ccsracing.com or call Willow Springs in Rosamond, ca.
Or on Saturday, you could take the racers school. It is a very good way to get to learn the track. It is usually taught by Scott Simpson who is an excellent teacher and racer, plus, he almost always wins at The Streets. The school is $150.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
racerxgirl:

Are you going??????

The weather for fri. looks good, sat. is questionable and sun. looks good.

Hope to see you (and everyone else) up there.

desmo079

CCS AM #121

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Desmo,
Good luck this weekend!!! Remember, rubber side down. And whatever you do, don't believe Jim Jr. if he tells you he's "only sitting on it." That's how it starts, and before you know it he's got your helmet and you're watching your bike tumble into a wall! LOL

Enjoy the day and be safe. :thumb:

·
Registered
97 Posts
trackday and races

I am going to pass on this one unfortunately..i have been training for my first triathlon and its on the 1st...Good luck to you, have fun, drag a knee, pull the front end up out of the corners and win a race on the last lap!
Peace...

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
slaintedan said:
Desmo,
Good luck this weekend!!! Remember, rubber side down. And whatever you do, don't believe Jim Jr. if he tells you he's "only sitting on it." That's how it starts, and before you know it he's got your helmet and you're watching your bike tumble into a wall! LOL

Enjoy the day and be safe. :thumb:
Slaintedan:
LMAO!
I see you know Jr. all too well :D

racerxgirl:
Thanks for the encouragement.
Barring injuries, I'll give a report when I return.
GOOD LUCK at your triathlon! Give us a report.

desmo079

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
desmo079 said:
Slaintedan:
LMAO!
I see you know Jr. all too well :D

Desmo,
I was talking to my dad yesterday about Jim Jr. and I told him about our conversations. He started telling me stories about Jim Jr. that were absolutely hilarious!!! He told me this one about them going to a carnival and Jim playing that game where you swing the big hammer, hit the plunger, and try to ring the bell. My dad told me that Jim picked the hammer up with ONE hand, swung it and rang the bell!!! The crowd was in shock and even the guy who was running the game couldn't believe it! He also told me that he thinks Jim got his nickname when he was a wrestler in school. Do you know if that's true?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
slaintedan said:
Desmo,
I was talking to my dad yesterday about Jim Jr. and I told him about our conversations. He started telling me stories about Jim Jr. that were absolutely hilarious!!! He told me this one about them going to a carnival and Jim playing that game where you swing the big hammer, hit the plunger, and try to ring the bell. My dad told me that Jim picked the hammer up with ONE hand, swung it and rang the bell!!! The crowd was in shock and even the guy who was running the game couldn't believe it! He also told me that he thinks Jim got his nickname when he was a wrestler in school. Do you know if that's true?
I always thought he got that name when he hit the wall during that goofy Speedway race at the Colesium and flew up into the seats and broke two arms and a leg. The two arms were the steel arms of two grandstand seats and the leg was a photographers he landed on.

If Jr. shows, I'll tell you all about it.

desmo

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
desmo079 said:
I always thought he got that name when he hit the wall during that goofy Speedway race at the Colesium and flew up into the seats and broke two arms and a leg. The two arms were the steel arms of two grandstand seats and the leg was a photographers he landed on.

If Jr. shows, I'll tell you all about it.

desmo

LMAO!!!!:D :p :D :p

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CCS ROCKS!!!

OK, I'm back in one piece.

SATURDAY:

It rained most of the morning.

Lots of crashes every practice session and every race before lunch.

I decided not to race. (yes, I AM A PUSSY) So I left about 1:30 and drove the 4hr. round trip to get my lucky t-shirts I had forgoten to pack. (yes, I AM SUPERERSTITIOUS)

SUNDAY:

I pitted next to a kid driving a brand new Infinity Q45 towing a flat trailer. He rode a '99f4 all modded out. He had some guy with him who he paid to help him.

He crashed every practice except one. But I kept encouraging him to keep trying and gave him some moral support.

I entered Hvy Wt. superbike and Hvy wt. supersport, mainly because there are fewer entrants. And at a tight track like the Streets, a 1000 has very little advantage over a 600.

first race

I got a fair start. By the end of the second lap the pack was far enough ahead that I had the track all to myself:( . About the 4th lap, the leaders started to pass. There is a chicane at the top of a hill. You can't see it unitl you crest a rise at the end of a short straight. There is a path through the chicane about a foot wide. On either side there is tigerteeth. I was blowing through it as fast as I could when some guy blew by me ON THE TIGER TEETH so fast it made my head spin. (after the race I found him thanked him profusely for not killing me)

second race

The kid and I had a race together later in the day. I was trying my best to encourage him. He got real cocky when he found that my best time was 1:55. His was 1:50. Nonetheless, I continued to encourage him because he had crashed in his first race of the day.

At the grid, he was next to me. I got another good start, but he got by me just before the second turn. Lap #2 and he wasn't pulling away. At the turn just before the"bowl" he went low and I passed him on the outside. By the end of the race he was about 1/2 a lap behind me. Someone had timed one of his laps and he turned a 1:47. So I was probably turning 1:45 or better:)

After the last race I saw Jason Pridmore and told him how much his school had helped me. He was genuinely pleased.

'Can't wait for next season!

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
See....I told ya, that your faster than what ya thought...:D :thumb: Sorry I couldn't make it out there..My Son's car broke down while he was up here Sat..he got 2 flats, and he found out his front wheel bearings are bad..on a newer car with 72k on the clock..WTF..is that..? Anyways, I had to help him out..:rolleyes: Sorry..:(

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Glad I made it up there Desmo, had a good time cheering you into second to last place!!!:twofinger

Of course :twofinger to me since I was WATCHING from the wall while you were racing. Maybe we'll get to race each other next year some time if I can peel my eyes off a new street bike and get that SV instead of the 02 R1 with 650 miles on it at Redlands Hon/Yam.:thumb: :thumb:

Let's hear it for Desmo finishing ahead of people in 2 races this weekend!!:thumb:

Next stop WSB

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hammer 4 said:
See....I told ya, that your faster than what ya thought...:D :thumb:
When your'e right, your'e right:cool: Thanks, Hammer.

Too bad about your son's car. 'Must not be a FORD.:D

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
apexismaximus said:
Glad I made it up there Desmo, had a good time cheering you into second to last place!!!:twofinger

Of course :twofinger to me since I was WATCHING from the wall while you were racing. Maybe we'll get to race each other next year some time if I can peel my eyes off a new street bike and get that SV instead of the 02 R1 with 650 miles on it at Redlands Hon/Yam.:thumb: :thumb:

Let's hear it for Desmo finishing ahead of people in 2 races this weekend!!:thumb:

Next stop WSB
LMAO!!!!

Thanks for your support, Apex.

Yeah, definitely get the race bike. You'll never regret it. Tell your wife the track is MUCH SAFER.

Thanks again,

desmo

1 - 20 of 21 Posts