Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,059 Posts
Dang..Des..I'll be up in Ridgecrest on Sat.. and Oceanside on Sun..if I get a chance, I'll stop by to see ya, on my way back from Ridgecrest..:D If not..good luck..and have fun..:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FUN FUN FUN!

Well, I'm back.

The weather was darn good (for Willow/Streets) Lots of wind and lots of sunshine.

On Sat. I missed out on the first practice session because I was removing/installing my wheels so I could give supercorsas a try.

On the next session, I started out a bit slower than usual, but eventually got comfortable with the supercorsas. My 208s were good, very good, but these pirellis had a little extra. They seemed to hold a line a little better and they seemed to give a smoother ride over that coarse pavement at the apex, coming off of the skid pad.

I ran Formula 40. I was in the last row of the grid. At the start I let a bike gridded ahead of me get by, thinking that would be one less person to have to pass me. Big mistake. As it turned out, I could soon tell that I was faster, but I wasn't fast enough to really get around with any margin of safety. And I fell back in the straights, but closed in through the turns. It was totally bitchin' I would try to late break, but just couldn't show a wheel soon enough to get the advantage so, I decided to get as close as I could and really put the pressure on, hoping for a mistake, but no luck. I finished last.

What was really cool was that, having someone to pursue kept my mind off of worrying about the leaders lapping me as the race went on. I just rode my race, and let them worry about getting around the both of us.

Lots of fun!!!!!!!

Sun. morning I awoke with guilt demons swirling around inside my brain about all the work I had at the office, so I went home. Work sucks, but I love the bucks.

BTW they posted the results of my race sat afternoon and the person I was pursuing was on a Suz 750. So THAT is why I lost so much ground in the straights!!!!!! :cool:

Next race, Buttonwillow!!!!! My sister and her family are coming down from Lodi to watch and my parents are going to be there, too.

Later
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,059 Posts
Ahhh..so ya made the switch huh..?:thumb: what compound did ya run..? i really wish I could have stopped by..next time..:D

As always a great report..to bad the rider in front had more hp..I hate it when that happens..:(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,547 Posts
Hopefully I can make it to Button to cheer you on, keep at it. Except for that work thing you did Sunday, bad move. BAD BAD BAD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hammer 4 said:
Ahhh..so ya made the switch huh..?:thumb: what compound did ya run..? i really wish I could have stopped by..next time..:D

As always a great report..to bad the rider in front had more hp..I hate it when that happens..:(
SC1 in front, SC2 in rear. (SC? CS?) I went back to get another set. He was out, but said he had Metzlers which were the identical tire, so I bought a set of Metzlers same compound. Hope he was right.

I plan on doing CCS Streets of Willow in Oct. Barring any disaster;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,059 Posts
desmo079 said:
SC1 in front, SC2 in rear. (SC? CS?) I went back to get another set. He was out, but said he had Metzlers which were the identical tire, so I bought a set of Metzlers same compound. Hope he was right.

I plan on doing CCS Streets of Willow in Oct. Barring any disaster;)
Yep, they are the same tire, just a different tread pattern..so how much did ya have to pay for the set..? best I can do is 313.00 + tax, and mounting..:(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hammer 4 said:


Yep, they are the same tire, just a different tread pattern..so how much did ya have to pay for the set..? best I can do is 313.00 + tax, and mounting..:(
$340.00 mounted and balanced. Would you be interested in my race take-offs (4 practice sessions, two races)? $100.00 PER SET.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,059 Posts
desmo079 said:
$340.00 mounted and balanced. Would you be interested in my race take-offs (4 practice sessions, two races)? $100.00 PER SET.
If these are the Renn's or Supercorsa's...hell yeah..shoot me a PM..:D As I'm needing tires NOW.....:(
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top