Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you Sir. I get the picture. I appreciate your time. My bike is running pretty damned good right now and I'm hesitant to even mess with it. But, no pain no gain, huh?

Do you have any experience with shift kits in the F2 or F3?? Any thoughts?

Hope your enjoying that sweet Gixxer up there, get the riding in while you can... Take it easy.

------------------
A few clowns short of a circus...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey Man, I was wondering if when you get a chance you wouldn't mind explaining what's up with the Factory Pro jet kits, what the deal is. I'm extremely curious to find out what's up because I'm always hungry to learn more stuff.

I anticipate going to a full exhaust system one day and I'll probably try a kit at that point. So I'm trying to figure out what I want to go with. And what do you mean by the configuration 10 setup? I appreciate your thoughts. Take it easy.

Also if anyone else out there has some feedback on Factory kits vs. K&N/Dynojet throw it at me. Thanks.

------------------

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
the pro jet kits have ti needles which on some bike will wear the noozle that the needle slides back and forth in pre-maturely. It causes the bike to have a bad rich condition, that is very hard to diagnose. It happened with my fzr, but not due to a pro kit.

Doesn't seem to be as big of a problem with the cbr's as others, but it's just something to keep in mind.

a factory configature 10 is the same basic idea as a dynojet stage 1.

i like factory because they use the same needles as the carb manufacturers. it keeps numbering easier as well.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
I had a factory shift kit in my f2. i thought it was a great purchase. it helped a lot w/ the missing shifts. i didn't think the stock box was that great. it makes finding neutral difficult though.

as for the gsxr, i love it. it's been a great purchase

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again. Glad to hear your liking the Gixxer. Besides the performance, they look sharp, that's for sure.

Take it Easy........

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts