Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when do they let bikes out there? I know you have to be a member $$$$$$$$ but when are the bikes let loose? Do you have to safety-wire everything or is it like the auto-tour; no passing and led by a pacecar?

------------------
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. "
http://troybaker.com/600

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
check out the best club or the other club (sorry geoff, had to do it) :p.

seriously, both are good clubs and both do track days at vir.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw you mention VIR and running the north track. Is this the Virginia race track that I have heard mention of?

My best friends dad runs a touring jaguar devision there and is encouraging his son and I to race an SCCA car on the track. My best friend being the VW nut wants to rod out a 83 GTI and equip it to race there. He has been there a few times and said it rocked. Just wondering if it was the same place and if in fact bikes could run there.

Thanks,
Troy

------------------
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. "
http://troybaker.com/600

·
Registered
331 Posts
Troy - Yes. VIR (Virginia International Raceway). Funny you should mention the Rabbit GTI. I was talking with some people that were driving cars on the South course and they were telling me about some guy in a GTI that was simply amazing. Every corner on three wheels! I used to have one of those and it was a lot of fun. I definitely recommend going there. The track is simply awesome. I have ridden both the North and South corses now and both are excellent. Check out www.virclub.com
You can drag your knee in the esses at over 100mph on the North course. The south course has a corkscrew that is very similar to Laguna Seca. The most fun you can have with your pants on! :D

------------------
Ride Fast - Take Chances

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
tpm does track days in the south. marrietta motorsports does track days in ga (not sure where else), that's the best i can do for ya.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

[This message has been edited by cbrf2boy (edited October 06, 2000).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts