Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
RR vs F4i

Totally depends on what you're going to use the bike for. The F4i would be a better "daily driver" for commuting, short distance touring, or for riding with a passenger. The RR would be the more sharply focused weapon for track-day use or aggressive corner carving.

In terms of statistics, there's surprisingly little difference between them- The RR weighs 4 lbs less than the F4i and makes about 10 more rear wheel horsepower. There's only .14 of a second difference in their quarter-mile times 10.71 vs 10.57 in favor of the RR. To the average street rider, this small of a difference in performance is so small as to not even be noticeable. Naturally, the RR costs a bit more- $8999 MSRP vs $8499 for the F4i.

I have noticed that there are dealers who have quite a few non-current model year F4i's in stock and are willing to make big deals on them. In fact, I have a friend who just picked up a brand-new 2004 F4i a few months ago for $6499. A real steal. If you can find a leftover 2005 for a price like that, it might be an important factor in your decision making.

·
Registered
892 Posts
if your gonna be riding almost everyday or even every other day then definitly go with the f4i. as stated b4 the are so close as far as performance goes its all about comfort...and the f4i is much more comfortable. get an 05, the red/silver is the prettiest f4i colour i've seen.

·
Registered
295 Posts
one of the problems i could be facing in a few months as i am wanting to get rid of my 01 f4i, i love it just want somthing a lil newer and not "tainted" but the new f4i's man i cant get over there 1 seat i think it looks so ugly, but then i do want to take my wife out a bit and such, so i know the f4i would be better but what to do....

·
Registered
892 Posts
i never had a problem with the seat. when your on it your not thinking of the seat :thumbs2:

<------the red/silver is the prettiest colour they've come out with. go see it in person the pics dont do it justice. and its the most comfortable seat i have been on. i've been on 1-2 hour rides with no ass pain. :D

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
My ass hurts after 20 mins of riding the RR. I've ridden a F4 before, but I feel that the RR is far easier to flick from side to side. If you want some serious fun that you can take to the track, RR is an awesome machine. If you still want 9/10 fun but have a good daily driver with good comfort and seating position, then f4i is good too. You should also look into 04+ gixxers as they have the power too and a good seating position.

·
Registered
295 Posts
sigh yes i think im going to lean towards an f4i. now im just settling on a year and aprice

man some of the people on cycletrader are on crack. they want like 7k for an 03 f4i and shit wtf are these people thinking

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
tell me about it. I can find crisp conditioned f4i with low miles for around 4k.

Best prices to get are on craigslist, local listed bikes, motorcycle forums, and your local car/tuner forums (believe it or not, but lots of tuners have to sell their bike in order to maintain or upgrade their car).

·
Registered
295 Posts
yea i dont plan on doing anything anytime soon since im overseas for 3 more months and then ill wait till taxes come back or somthing to upgrade but definatly not cycletrader i mean do these people look up whats its worth or are they just like hmmm i think ill put 7k because i bought it for 8 k 3 years ago or somthing lol

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
They just over inflate their price so they will be able to haggle their price down to blue book value instead of asking for blue book book value and get less. I just saw a 2002 954RR with about 16k on the bike for about 6k.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
me either. my friend just bought a 929 for 6500. I like the 954's look better. If I didn't loose so much money on the gixxer shit, I'd pick up that 954rr.

live and learn I guess. Atleast my 2nd part-time job that pays 25 an hour will help ease my suffering.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts