Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I plan on purchasing a bike in a couple months or even a year. I was wondering which one I should get. Money is a big concern as I am young and only have limited cash 2 to 3k. I am 5 foot 10 inches and weigh 160 pounds. I know I will eventually want more power but as a new rider I decided to keep this bike for multiple seasons, to save money, and to enjoy the bike. I will be only going on roads with top speeds of 65 mph. Is the grom enough? If not which 250 should I get? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think you can safety ride a ninja 250R. I'm around the same weight and height and thats what I first started on. It's a great bike for you to safely learn how to ride.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just started riding this year on a Ninja 250, and I have absolutely no regrets. The Ninja 250s are very agile, very forgiving, they'll give you all the acceleration and freeway speed that you need, and they don't lose their resale value at all. I found multiple Ninja 250s in the $2200-2500 range with less than 10,000 miles on them. Maintenance and fuel costs are also really low. Oh yeah, and they're a lot of fun once you get comfortable with really digging into the corners.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would suggest the cbr250r. I find it easier to maintain and power is more adequate compared with the ninja. By the way don't forget to purchase first your safety gears.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts