Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the ninja 250 i wanted has sold, however there is a 96 CBR 600 F3 for 1800 near here, it is probaly sold by now but if not how does it campare to the ninja 250 as a beginner bike?

also i am very short and have a little experience on 2 wheels but not much

thanks

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I have no experience with the 250 but my 97 F3 is a great beginner bike! Very forgiving but still has plenty of power to bring the front wheel up (although only if you want it to, it's not going to come up on you every time you twist the throttle).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks for the reply

if it is still for sale and is in decent shape and feels right i will buy it...

i am starting to really like the early 00's F4i
so i think the F3 would be a good choice

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
F3

I found anther on for a great price and close to here, however the adveritsment has the wrong number posted and they (the paper shop) has to wait for the seller to call in..so now i have to wait.

I am 5'4, with the suspension set for my weight and everyting will i be ok on it, i know the only way to find out is to get sit on it but no one else has one around here that i can go check out

also i got my permit today and will be signing up for a MSF tomaorw

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
at 5'4" I can almost guarantee you are going to have problems. At best you will be able to tippy toe the bike.
But worry not, they can be lowered.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm 5'9 and have a 01 f4i and I have to tippy toe around on the bike. If i sit right against the tank and really stretch I can get my feet flat on the ground...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is there a way to lower a sportbike w/o affecting performance in the suspension/handling?

im sure i wont even notice any losses in performance now but as i get better im sure i will

my dirtbike is 37" and set up for a heavier rider and i can hold it up on tipy toes so i think i can handle 31" but than again the bike is heavier

1 - 9 of 9 Posts