Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. i have a 98 cbr 600 f3, and i want to know if it is safe to ride without the lower fairings that covers the engine, and the rear seat fairings off. I want to go for a little streetfighter look but was wondering if it would have more damage if the bike is down sided. thank you.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
The bodywork isn't really essential. But if you crash, you are more likely to do more damage without them. Frame sliders will help though, so I'd recommend investing in them, and some beefier bar ends. I had a set of swingarm spools on my Gixxer when I wrecked it, and they actually held up pretty well, and kept my swingarm from getting messed up. But I've also seen them snap off on impact, so don't rely on them, since that's not really their purpose.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Nope, don't need bodywork. Was it Vash who said after his first track day that he wished he'd ridden the entire thing without any bodywork at all? Anyway, you get the point. The bodywork will help you with wind so you might consider that before stripping off the cowl ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts