Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a long time cruiser rider and new (again) sportbike rider. I bought the 2005 CBR 600 RR and like it very much.

Question is this:

What are typical mods that are done for asthetics? I already bought a fender eliminator, but what else is done? Typicall change mirrors? Tear off stickers and reflectors? Whats the norm?

thanks all!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Depends how extensive you want to go (how much $ you want to spend). But as far as i have seen the typical mod's are fender elim's, frame sliders(not necesarily for looks but safty too), and flush LED blinkers really improve the look of your bike.

Congrats on your new bike, that things killer. Safe riding!:)

·
Registered
525 Posts
Get frame sliders and swingarm spools, because they save your bike and add to the racing look. do not take off your mirrors or upgrade to some other kind. for one you need to know when someone's gonna rearend you or if there's an asshole on your tail, and secondly if you ever drop your bike the mirrors are the first to go. Tinted windscreens usually look good. Taking off all the reflectors makes the bike look better, but being visible and safe is your call. I would leave all the decals on until something bad happens, then you can replace with something different or repaint the bike.

Im looking at alarms and a big chain, have you purchased either yet? don't know what the crime stats are like in Suprise. Isnt that a retirment community? Are you a senior?

Nice bike Gramps:D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heheh,

no Sun city is the retirement area, Im 31 ;) Great ideas for both of you! I havent bought the chain yet but i do plan to. GOnna grab a U Bolt as well. I had considered an alarm until i read alot of articles on them making no difference.

Any other ideas?

Mr.TrevorClever said:
Get frame sliders and swingarm spools, because they save your bike and add to the racing look. do not take off your mirrors or upgrade to some other kind. for one you need to know when someone's gonna rearend you or if there's an asshole on your tail, and secondly if you ever drop your bike the mirrors are the first to go. Tinted windscreens usually look good. Taking off all the reflectors makes the bike look better, but being visible and safe is your call. I would leave all the decals on until something bad happens, then you can replace with something different or repaint the bike.

Im looking at alarms and a big chain, have you purchased either yet? don't know what the crime stats are like in Suprise. Isnt that a retirment community? Are you a senior?

Nice bike Gramps:D

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
mmackinnon said:
...I had considered an alarm until i read alot of articles on them making no difference.

Any other ideas?
If you're talking about preventing theft, do a search on "theft", "thieves", "stolen", so on.

You'll find a lot, as the topic of bastard thieves has been discussed a TON in the past months.:thumb:

·
Registered
44 Posts
"Gramps"

Hey Gramps, just got my CBR600 at 44 years old!

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Check out scorpion alarms. In my quests I found that it was about the best for the money.

As for austetics (sp?) you already got the fender chopped, next would be to get flush mount blinkers, integrated taillight, anodize the random little brackets, get rid of reflectors, get one of those nifty chains with plastic accents, carbon fiber or chrome the body work, chrome the wheels (or get custom ones). Its not hard to go off the edge on this whole thing.

Just remember that the only part you are going to see is half the tank and the gages.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Toni I have an '97 Yamaha YZF600r, '00 Honda 929, & '93 Honda 954 I purchased out of the crate in Aug of '04. All bikes are with Kevlar front brake lines, but then I am a strong believer in best of stopping power. Only on the 929 & 954 have I put rotary steering head stabalizers.

Frame savers on all three bikes are a must & with the 954 I also have s/arm spools.

That is it. No change in can or exhaust system, mirrors, signal lights, tail section or removal of reflectors. I put the money of petrol, oil, tyres, & the usual. After all all bikes have a maze of power, handle like a dream so why put money into a small gain of 3 or 6 hp? After all my days of racing on the circuits are of the past.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Definitely remove the reflectors. They look utterly retarded and I got cut off by cages just as much before I took them off, then as I did after I removed them. Stupid bitches on cell phones won't notice a couple little orange reflectors.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup!

I removed the reflectors same day and am now looking into flush blinkers for the front. Anyone have any suggestions as to where to buy? Or what looks best with the CBR?

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
LP makes some very generic ones.. thats what just about everyone uses

1 - 11 of 11 Posts