Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently acquired a 95 CB1000, the BIG ONE. Looking for aftermarket accessories like a windshield. This bike looks big, feels big, rides big! So far it appears to be a really neat second bike, it handles extremely well, mild mannered, etc.. My bike has a Vance & Hines exhaust, the rear sprocket has been replaced (factory 42t replaced with a 45t). Do not know if the front sprocket has been replaced. Also, looking to see if the bike can be lowered. It is so tall I was able to replace the oil and filter without raising it. This was nice. I know this bike never became popular in the US but it did hit the European scene with much fanfare. Not sure why this bike never became a big hit as I am sure after riding it for a week there is so many positives. It leaves a red light like it has been shot out of a cannon. The transmission is smooth, even after 35k miles. The mileage attests to it's durability and reliabilty. I have a pic of another cb1000 that has a windshield, it I can get someones email I can send it along, would like to know where this windshield can be purchased. safe riding.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Do I detect DAD sniffing around this thread?

Hey Phantom! DAD is a member that I think has 3 or 4 CB100F's in his stable... the dude is sick, indeed, but he'd be a RIDICULOUSLY good source for info. I'll try to give him a ring and see if he doesn't have any input or advice he can offer up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I owned one for several year and then gave it to my son. He was in the navy and it was shipped to were ever he was stationed.It still runs very well. The only problem we had was with the speedometer, it has a plastic piece between the sprocket and the cable that gets wallowed out.
Thanks
Don

1 - 4 of 4 Posts