Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me who makes that piece of shit Malasysia built car (no not the Proton, but worse!!!). Was watching Top Gear's worst cars of the year the other night and saw this boxy looking shitbox that could barely go around corners????

Funny part was it only came in second to the Smart Citycar :barf: :barf:

Now, who drives what, my guesses:

- I can see BP in a white van full of tools, always ready to help out
- Legend doesn't need a car as he's too busy posing up and down Orchard Road
- Chum must have an Alfa to replace the long lost italian love of his life
- BC is def. in a soccermum's people mover...
- Tug must have a yak pulling a cart or similar
- TLS boy borrows his mum's rover??
- 1-4 prefers crashing into expensive cars
- Mojo would be something pretty slick looking, all blinged up for sure
- and Bbq must have a truck to keep all those toys of his in (gliders, CBR's etc)

How'd I do???

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Not bad Dave.

White Volvo ( safer when trevs around=rear airbags) Boot full of tools,safety harnesses helmets etc. Oh and 2 mini deck chairs for when you just can;t be arsed and the beers cold.

Mojo was on the nail I guess:D

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't get me started on Volvo drivers BP...... please tell me you don't wear a hat while driving it :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Like the deck chairs idea though, would also come in handy when the swedish taxi breaks down - haha

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
YEp i hear ya

Know where you're coming from GD. It's along term rental and the best value for my buck i could get in Sillypore.
It does do a top job of getting the boys to the Sepang GP and is know as the Luxo barge. Great sound system, hands free phone and an air conditioned glove compartment for the beer.
Unfortunately is has the steering response of a super tanker and now i'm old so do i:eek:

HAd to laugh at the news that VW had told proton to get farked in the partner deal. Those morons expected VW to hoof up all the cash and give them control. They can't control a chicken rice stand let alone a bleedin car plant. Bleedin mat slappers

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The brick on wheels

Lucky there's only that one corner between you and Sepang - haha.....

Mat slappers :p :p Yeah I read that and wondered what was doing????

·
Registered
642 Posts
Pimp My ride

GD

Well last time the familymobile was a bishi bishi airtrek. Cost
S$115,000 on the road. Also was the best that I could afford at the time.

Since then COE prices have come down and I bought a Subaru Legacy Outback 3.0 last year. I had an idea that this would be a good wagon for comfortably transporting me and my gear to the race meetings in Sepang.

The master plan was that I would then hire a cheap Proton Saga or Waga for the weekend to give to Vanessa so that I could take the Subaru and actually be able to overtake something going uphill on the North-Sth Highway run.

Anyhow what I hadn't reckoned on was the female logic that applies to all of this. Vanessa tolerates the racing even though she doesn't like it. But any idea that she is gonna make that any easier is a non starter and so I can't have the car and don't get to use it.

Luckily Boycie's got a new motor so I just need to get him back on a bike and we're good to go.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
YEs BC and we all hope this DOESN"T become the norm.

Aren't they supposed to wait till the divorce proceedings till they get your car, house, money ...nuts in a vice. :crying:

I'm not sure which is worse. no freedom or 4 hours in a motor with Boycie.
Damn the MSS is tough nowadays. :twofinger

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you get a driver with that???

They call them Outlanders over here BC..... and instead of your A$95k they'd be maybe 30k tops??? :)

Yeah I agree with BP, those testical clamps need to be loosened a little :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
726 Posts
Not even close

Chum must have an Alfa to replace the long lost italian love of his life
Sorry GD... Nowhere near unfortunately. :( Same as Singers (only around a third of the price) Bog standard, boring as batshit, standard issue hairdresser car - The RAV4. :rolleyes:

Handy for storing scooters, trikes, cold cups of coffee, and absolutely nothing relating to bikes. It also has (in the right hands of course) the amazing ability of being able to mysteriously transfer paint from carpark obstacles to all exterior plastic surfaces without any problem whatsoever :crying:

Its primary use isn't for carrying around the nipper, but for ferrying petrol to the Mrs when she runs out on that fekkin Vespa she's got. :cussing;

Still.. Been having a bit of fun thrapping around on one of these superretards recently..... :D :eyebrows:

Attachments

·
Registered
726 Posts
A mate.....

A mate of mine who lives up the road used to live in KL and was always an offroad nut.

He has one of these Husky Nox thingos, another Husky SMR570 and a KTM 660 Dakar (a beast of a machine with 3 fuel tanks and a 60 litre capacity, GPS etc. Only thing is they are all kick start and you'll need a stepladder to get on the KTM):eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Backhander, what backhander

Oi Oi, remember me, 2001 MSS slow bastard and due to be 2006 MSS even slowerbastard.

Anyway - Whats all this bashing of my good friends (and customers) at Proton.

You obviously didn't hear their latest top deal::confused:

Nov 2004 - Bought MV augusta(?) and other associatted marques for 70MillionEuro

Nov 2004 - Dec 2005 - Spent another estimated 10 MillionEuro to try to turn it round

Dec 2005 - Sold the whole thing again for ............1 Euro

:2cents: :2cents: :2cents:

Somebody's laughing somewhere :twofinger

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Flymo at the track again. Now this i've gotta see.
Does this mean i can further develope the gaffa tape fairing screen design for you.

Roll on the 1st MSS:thumb:

·
Registered
102 Posts
its mine mine mine GD

bought myself a 1985 range rover classic for £700
it then cost me 1000 of our british pounds for a new engine and suspension.
with the 3.5 v8 drinking about a gallon every 14miles (about 9mpg when i'm pikeying about with my caravan), i'm still trying to convince the sceptics that it was a good buy !!!:D :D :D

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
bigphil said:
Flymo at the track again. Now this i've gotta see....
Hahahah .... me too !!!

I can't wait to see Flymo ... at the track ... on the track ... and off the track ... and it should be possible to see all these and in multiple combinations every race .. hehehehe

Which is afterall how he came about the nicename yes ??

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Out of the woodwork!!

Trying to work out which of those two is the worst decision, the MV or the rover :twofinger

Must make you feel a whole lot better about the Volvo BP ;) ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts