Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last saturday night I awoke about midnight, I was bored, the temp had gotten up to about 37 deg, my bike had new 208's just mounted, fresh oil, and there was a trackday at CMP in South Carolina on Sunday. That's only 550 miles down the road and the low was to be about 28 - 30 deg. What's a mother to do? I threw on the tailbag, electric vest, and back protector and got going! By about 10:00 AM I was lapping a 2+ mile track with the temp heading for 65 deg! Finished the day and headed home. That made for about a 1200 mile day and only passed one salt truck the whole time! Turned 70,000 miles on the bike just before to enter the track!:thumb: :D Life is good!

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Picture of the trusty CBR-1000 at 70,000 miles.;) What a good bike.... heavy but good! If you look close you can see the original fork seals.:eek: :D

·
Registered
227 Posts
Glad you had a great time down there, but damn your unbelievable to ride that far, do a track day and ride home just blows me away.

Look forward to seeing you again next year.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gs500rider said:
Glad you had a great time down there, but damn your unbelievable to ride that far, do a track day and ride home just blows me away.

Look forward to seeing you again next year.
It wasn't the ride but the 30 degree temperatures that was the toughest.:D I should see you a lot more next year.:thumb:

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
you are an iron man. it's funny, a lot of people whine about a 200 mile day. :thumb:'s up to you!!!

see ya next year.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was all fun!:) I'm still impressed with the bike, though. It's all day rideable but still a lot of fun when it's time to get busy.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts