Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The weather is looking good, and the ride should still be on. I need people who are DEFINATELY coming out for this come hell or high water. Please only reply if you are GOING TO BE THERE. So far:

Carey (duh) maybe + 1
Ryan (my brother)
Dave (madbusa)
Ernie + 1
Mike (mfield2a)
Rainman Dave
Freddy
Heather
Jason
Jeremy + 1
Deapee Dave
Jamie K (probate)
Wade (cstmgsxr)
Heidi
???

Still maybes:
Jcustomcue
?!?! snigg !?!?

Losers who are sick:
Teabagger

Help me out folks...

Ride meeting time: 7pm at the Tribune Review parking lot (by the Clark Building) Arrive wearing standard attire. We will be stripping down to the skivvies in the parking lot and putting all our clothes in the pace-setter vehicle.

Ride ending time: We are going through the strip district, south side, and eventually up to Mt. Washington. Jeep will be posting the official route (as he was the one who planned the exact route). We will be ending on Mt. Washington. Exact time at this point is unknown.

"Gear" Requirements: YOU MUST BE COVERING ALL GENITALS!!! Each person is to be held accountable for their own actions/choice of clothing. Minimum is something akin to boxers/boxerbriefs/etc. or for girls a COMPLETE set of undergarments including bra/panties. Other coverings may be used such as "wife beater" tanks, undershirts, or even a pair of longer shorts for those who are very self-concious. Just so long as we get the message across that "Without a helmet, you are naked." You MUST wear a helmet, other "protective gear" such as gloves or boots is up to the individual.

I am still under the impression that there will be some sort of pace-setter vehicle. Any volunteers please make your offers official so we can *quickly* try to make/find banners to get our message across.

As mfield2a mentioned: THIS IS AN OFFICIAL GTR RIDE!!!! HELMETS ARE REQUIRED. This will fulfill the GTR one ride/year requirement. Probates and ALL OTHERS are encouraged to bring non-GTR riders along. The bigger this gets, the better impact it will have. Let's make this HUGE, folks!!!!

edit: This CAN AND WILL BE CANCELLED if I don't get enough people to have an impact. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
224 Posts
lol i'll be there if i dont have to work *sigh*

Too bad everyone aint gonna go...you gotta admit it'll be pretty interesting to see a lot of these people in their underwear :D and no gay comments ernie...i've told you time and time again i just think your eyes are pretty...nothing else.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Carey I'm in. I'm getting the word from a few others so I'll post em if I got em.

Suggestion if I may. Since your original post is 1 page of useful information surrounded by 8 pages of BS keep this easy by editing your first post with updates. You may want to put bullet points of:

Ride Start: (Time & Place)
Ride Finish: (Time & Place)
Apparel Requirements: (at least undies and up to long johns or mom's nightgown)
Pace vehicle to carry gear provided by: (Is there a banner?)
Riders: (keep updating your list)

Also, this should be an official GTR ride, thus meaning that any and all are invited, but GTR members that ride will for fill their group ride requirements for this period.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Duss, your not doing the ride? Even if you yern for the day's on a Hardley cruising with wind in your hair, I figure even you will put a lid on when you ride one wheel on your CBR's...

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
mfield2a said:
Duss, your not doing the ride? Even if you yern for the day's on a Hardley cruising with wind in your hair, I figure even you will put a lid on when you ride one wheel on your CBR's...
Oh, I am gonna do a lid when I ride one wheel. I am not sure if I am doing the ride. I am not really into it. Protesting is not my bag, man.

·
Registered
156 Posts
duessel said:
Oh, I am gonna do a lid when I ride one wheel. I am not sure if I am doing the ride. I am not really into it. Protesting is not my bag, man.
I'm not protesting. When ever in your life are your going to do this...or why would you? Live it up, experince baby!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I think I'm comeing. I tried to rent a gorilla costume (minus the mask) and get a t-shirt made saying " Don't be a dumb ape, cover your grape". I was dressing up like an Itailian, gold chain, wife beater and speedo over the gorilla suit.But as usual nothing fit me well enough I could ride in it.:(

Now I guess I'll be naked.:D

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
mfield2a said:
I'm not protesting. When ever in your life are your going to do this...or why would you? Live it up, experince baby!
Just not into it. It is not going to change anything. More people want this no-helmet law than don't.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
don't forget to post pics for us to see your efforts.

·
Registered
156 Posts
duessel said:
It is not going to change anything. More people want this no-helmet law than don't.
I do agree and I think any smart person realizes we are just going to be a bunch of yahoo's trolling through town trying to help give 'sportbikers' a responsalbe image...which you know we don't even come close to having. Our efforts probably wont amount to anything, but been there done that in the photo album is cool. You know I just want to get you naked big boy!:twofinger

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am probably going to make it. It will be hard for me to get there on time though. Teabagger what time are you leaving your area? I can probably ride down with you.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not actually trying to get something accomplished with this. It's just an excuse to ride around in my underwear. :p

Since a lot of peoples keep saying they might be late, well, HOW late are you going to be? I know most of the time everyone met on the Mt. at 7:30 for bike night, so I figured 30 mins wouldn't kill anyone just this once since the season is working down more quickly than we'd like to think.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Okay, here it goes… the route:

We will be departing the Clark Building Parking Lot, making a right, and heading around Heinz Field and past PNC Park. We will turn right and cross the Roberto Clemente Bridge and make a left once across it. We end up going down Smallman Street, past Sports Rock Café. We will then proceed down Smallman Street and eventually turn right and go up onto Penn Avenue (Where we will cruise by the Voodoo Lounge.) We will proceed down through Downtown and go across theSmithfield Street Bridge leading over to Station Square. We will make the right onto Carson Street and head down a few blocks to and cruise through the Station Square area ending back up on Carson Street. We will head up the PJ McArdile Roadway and end on Mt. Washington.

I would have liked to cruise down Carson as well, but there is nowhere to really turn around without doubling back.

That is the brief of it. I will be driving the pace vehicle and will keep it at a slow pace (and try my best to keep the group together.) I do not have any signage for the pace vehicle as of yet, but if anyone wants to make something up I will put it on there. (It is not my vehicle so I cannot use soap or mark it up.)

I will be there. Heidi and her friend are coming along as well. If anyone wants to go but cannot ride we could use another four-wheeled vehicle to bring up the rear.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No can do on the second vehicle like that. If I don't have at LEAST a dozen RIDERs who are RIDING by 5:30pm EDT tonight the ride won't have ANY impact and it will have to be absolutely, definately, honestly, totally called off.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Just got off the phone with a writer from the Trib. Looks like we will get an article in the afternoon edition and possibly more. That depends on the turnout. Bring a friend and tell a couple other people. Word of mouth makes a difference.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts