Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, many of you know about my underwear ride, but for those who don't... Boy are you in for a surprise.

As everyone should know by now, September 4th is the BIG day for those who are going to shed their helmets. However, helmets are required for all GTR rides. I have decided that to show GTR pride and our choice in wearing helmets, on Thursday, September 4th we should go out on a somewhat short, low-speed ride wearing helmets, gloves, boots and UNDERWEAR!!!! Riders don't actually have to wear underwear, but the idea is to show as much skin as possible (within legal limits) to get the point across that helmets are a GOOD thing for motorcycling. My intent is to wear a bikini with my boots, gloves and helmet. Then with face paint, I will have "At least my head is safe" written on my back. Bear in mind that we aren't out to get arrested for indecent exposure, so we need to find out exactly how much/little we can wear and still be on the good side of the law.

Granted, it's silly, but I think it could be fun. Hell, we'll even let Bagger come out in a pair of shorts. :eek:

I haven't chosen a location or time yet. Being as how it is a weekday, I think an evening ride maybe through the city would be a good idea. Just wanna see what we can come up with.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I AM SOOOOOO IN!!!!

Im wearing Nude color speedo's!
I WANT TO GET ARRESTED!
Call the news stations!
HA HAH A

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Anybody need some high mileage stuff?:) :eek: :hurl: :barf: :twofinger

·
Registered
425 Posts
Robert said:
Damn I need to make a trip to Pennsylvania.

Only 2,285.7 miles from my house! ;)
Ernie will come and pick you up. He like Arizonians!! :twofinger

·
Registered
518 Posts
We expect to see lots of PICTURES....the good , the bad and the UGLY!!! Makes for good fodder!

·
Registered
262 Posts
If done properly this could result in a publicity stunt that could really get GTR some recognition. Good or bad. Also could be linked as a plus for sportbike world. Showing the general public that we sportbike riders are not in favor of the helmetless riders. Doesn't matter that clothes are optional.just make sure that you got that brain bucket on. Press releases to the major TV and newspapers would surely deem it as a story for national EXPOSURE Be sure to include the fact that we are all wearing SPF 30+ in order to combat skin cancer concerns. Maybe even get a sponsor ,Hawaiian Tropic ,to help foot the bill for bail money,cause you know SOMEBODY is going to color outside the lines .Since there are supposedly ,accusations that a large amount of gay population has injested itself within the GTR maybe get the strongarm of the Flamers to help with this endeavor. Who knows maybe Pittsburgh could climb right up there with San Francisco and Madison WI. It could happen!! Oh yea ,It could happen.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Depending on how big the group wants this and how it gets organized, I think we can get good coverage. I can give Mike Seate a shout and that will at least get it in the Trib. We could also inform others in the media. Planning will be important, the more riders the better and a defined route necessary.

We should roll right by the VooDoo where you know there will not be a helmet in sight. :eek:

·
Registered
511 Posts
in theory this is a good idea, however, you haven't taken particular notice to some of the GTR's waist lines, jeep, we have what they call a weight problem. plus i'm a hairy mofo:D

·
Registered
518 Posts
crammer1977 said:
in theory this is a good idea, however, you haven't taken particular notice to some of the GTR's waist lines, jeep, we have what they call a weight problem. plus i'm a hairy mofo:D
Keep your helmet on...stay incognito :D

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
saturntangerine said:
I have decided that to show GTR pride and our choice in wearing helmets, on Thursday, September 4th we should go out on a somewhat short, low-speed ride wearing helmets, gloves, boots and UNDERWEAR!!!! Riders don't actually have to wear underwear, but the idea is to show as much skin as possible (within legal limits) to get the point across that helmets are a GOOD thing for motorcycling. My intent is to wear a bikini with my boots, gloves and helmet.
for the full effect, underwear should be the only thing worn. either that or you shouldn't call it an "underwear ride". my perverted :2cents:

·
Registered
425 Posts
My freelancing friend is VERY interested in this story. She wants to participate in the ride, too. She is thinking of pitching it to Esquire and Pulp.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For those concerned with "body image"... wear shorts and a wifebeater or something. It'll still be more than many choose to wear. ;)

I think this could be a BIG thing if we work it right. We need to get a list of definites, along with their chosen attire. I'm thinking that if we have people in skivvies... notably girls in bikini type things... it might be a good idea to have a few riders for "security" purposes. Obviously we won't pick a ride that would endanger everyone, but thinking in terms of the guys that all shout "y0, BIKER BOYEEEEZ" when we ride past, we should keep our eyes open for anyone thinking they can cop a grab or something. Just my paranoia.

Additionally, we need to pick a DEFINITE route. I like the idea of going past Voodoo. Just don't stop when we roll past it. ;) I had in mind something like either the South Side or the Strip, and naturally we gotta throw in the Mt. somewhere. Speak up, and let's get this thing going right!

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
crammer1977 said:
Ahhh...see Jeremy, I thought ahead! That is why I am the "Official Photographer."

Everybody needs a good cameraman!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Sounds like a good idea........definitely need us fat kids in wife beaters. Maybe we should cruise the South Side and the strip and a little bit through the city. Final destination could be SRC, since it is bike night! Shorts, wife beater, boots, gloves, and a helmet....got to love it. I can not say I would ride to town in all that, so I would be willing to meet at the Mt. and take off the other gear and backpack it the rest of the way, then change back when going home. We should keep it to a slow traffic problem pace, just to catch people's attention.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hahahahaha, how great would it be to have all of us show up on the Mt. and start stripping!!!! ;) Maybe that's a good photo opp with the pretty backdrop, etc. hahahaha

I'm definately NOT riding into town like that, but I'm game with getting the strip on somewhere and then just kind of "appearing" in places downtown and around the city.

Anyone know specifically what "goes" in terms of clothing that won't get us arrested? I think that so long as no genitalia is showing we should be alright, but I don't want to push our luck. This is supposed to be GOOD publicity for GTR.

·
Registered
156 Posts
saturntangerine said:
Anyone know specifically what "goes" in terms of clothing that won't get us arrested? I think that so long as no genitalia is showing we should be alright, but I don't want to push our luck. This is supposed to be GOOD publicity for GTR.
As long as you don't break the indecent exposure laws and have footwear on we'll be OK.

We should have a 'pace vehicle of some sort with a banner on it stating something about what we are doing. We could use my truck, put all of our gear in the back up at the mount and have it clear a path - set the pace - until we hit SRC. My wife would probably drive.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
mfield2a said:
As long as you don't break the indecent exposure laws and have footwear on we'll be OK.

We should have a 'pace vehicle of some sort with a banner on it stating something about what we are doing. We could use my truck, put all of our gear in the back up at the mount and have it clear a path - set the pace - until we hit SRC. My wife would probably drive.
Sounds like a cool idea.....who can make banners on here???

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
saturntangerine said:
This is supposed to be GOOD publicity for GTR.
as an outsider and lurker i noticed that you folks established GTR as a club just recently. I have a couple of questions. you can answer them or not, it doesn't matter but it looks like you guys are looking for some sort of publicity.

If someone was to ask you what the mission statement was for the club, what would you say? and i am not talking about for this or any other particular stunt, but the mission statement for "the club"? is there a purpose or goal that the club has established for itself or are you just a bunch of riders/friends who wanted to have some sort of name to call each other by?

The reason i ask this is becuase if you are going out to do a publicity stunt and are going to be doing it under the club name, someone is bound to ask what the purpose is of your club, not the stunt. And why are you looking for publicity if you don't even have a "purpose" or "mission" for the club?

i ask this becuase i haven't observed where this is clearly stated in any of your posts.

p.s.-doesn't this stunt actually go against the club bylaws you folks already established?

·
Registered
473 Posts
well alot of threads have been deleted, but that was in the GTR By-laws thread

1 - 20 of 88 Posts