Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at one of these in the Lockhartphillips catalog and thought it looked pretty cool.Can't figure out how it would attach to my bike though. anybody have one of these?or know how it goes on?

------------------

P

·
0 Posts
I believe they use the chainguard mounting points, and some come with an integrated chainguard (so you ditch the OEM guard).

------------------
Pete
"The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of
age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers."

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I have the Carbon Fiber rear hugger for my RR. Its from L.P. and it did not come with a chain guard, but they had a CF chain guard that went with it...for additonal $$ of course. the way it is mounted is by drilling about 4 small holes around the perimeter of the hugger and using zip ties in conjunction with double sided tape to fasten it to the swing arm brace.

Its not the prettiest. It would be nice if you could just trust the double sided tape to do its job because then it would look really nice! Some of the models have the chain guard integrated into the hugger, I believe for the F4 it is.

Anyway, it looks nice and it keeps the crap off my shock and all those little hard to reach places so Im happy with it overall.

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
-- Charles Dickens

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Kyle, I kinda wanted one until I read your post---sounds pretty cheesy with the zip ties and tape :rolleyes: I figured maybe you had to drill the swingarm and mount them that way--it would be a real beatch to drill that sucker though.

------------------
"If everything's coming your way-
you're in the wrong lane"

Clark

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Actually, you could drill small holes into the swingarm brace if you wanted to have it look really good, but personally, I would never drill into the structure of my bike...

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
-- Charles Dickens

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well since the stock chain guard has to go anyway i think i'll try to find a hugger that is integrated with the guard.
Thanks for the input everyone!

------------------

1 - 8 of 8 Posts