Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed lately that there have been a lot of police in the twisty roads near Phoenix, especially Canyon Lake. A friend of mine got a questionable speeding ticket there last Saturday at 5:00am. Most of you have heard of operation MC Hammer- this is most likely related. Keep your eyes out on the way to Tortilla Flat for the cops, they are hiding well and not giving out warnings. A recon. run is best before attacking the curves at full speed. After having spoken with a DPS officer later, he stated that they typically don't care what you do if it is before 8-8:30 on that road, but things are changing. Keep your eyes peeled and throttle up on the first run through.

·
Registered
67 Posts
that sucks!... thanks for the warning though.... I don't understand it, there are so many BIGGER fish to fry .... why do they have to pick on us? what's next are they gonna take away our right to smoke in bars???? (oh, I forgot, they already took care of that in Tempe) J/K ... but really thanks for the "heads up".

R

·
0 Posts
I went out there 2 Saturdays ago with a couple guys and didn't see one cop. It was pretty nice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
89A

I know its switching gears a little bit, but I'm in the NW Valley and usually up through 89A and have yet to see a cop on the weekends...at least in the tight stuff around Prescott & Jerome. Add the roads out by Bagdhad & Skull Valley & its a pretty nice playground!

AB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts