Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking the MSF course this weekend. I'm so stoked. I've been reading and reading on the boards as well as others. You guys give awesome advice/tips. I just ordered my gear from Newenough. Cost me a whopping ~$500.

Helmet - HJC-SP Raven
Jacket- JR Reactor S Sport
Gloves - JR Atomic 2.0
Pants - JR Alter Ego
Boots - Diadora Hurricane (hope they're not too hot)

I'm looking at the 250/500R for my first bike. I feel like a baby eyeing some candy.This is mostly a thread giving my props to the community!
:thumb:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Good Luck with classes. You'll have so much fun.

I got my bike last February and had to wait all the way until April 18th to take my MSF class. Luckily, cold weather slacked off for a while and i got two guys who lived in my apartment complex to show me how to ride mid-March!! I gained two great riding buddies and the knowledge and experience to make taking the MSF a breeze!:D

·
Registered
71 Posts
hahah nice sig....me love the madea movies, i have the boxed set...and the fam reunion is coming out in theaters...

anywho good job on MSF i go for mine the end of march and I cant wait...
i might get my bike in feb sometime though...woop

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I might buy my bike this week and just stare at it till I can legally ride it. Alot of my cousins didn't want me to get a 250 but screw them. They're not the ones driving it. =) GOod luck on your MSF as well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ha! I love me some Madea!:D

It killed me to have to look at the bike, and sit on it, but not be able to go anywhere on it, but it pays to be safe.

I took it really slow before and, for a while, after taking my class. At the time, the weather here was sitting at or slightly below 30 degrees at night time. I would bundle up and ride at an astonishing 3 miles per hour across the street from my apartment to a business center and practice turning, stopping, and finally shifting. It kept me occupied until class time.

And phoang124 great decision on getting the bike you feel most comfortable with! :thumb:

·
Registered
71 Posts
nice, a 250 is quick enough if youre a light weight...but im a heavy bastid...im going to most likely get a ZZR600...

I want a ZX6R but i think its just too much dough and too fast for me...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I consider myself a middleweight (5'8" 152lbs) Good enough for me.
Yea the ZZR600 will be a tad touchy compared to the 250/500.
Got my helmet in yesterday...so nice

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
phoang124 said:
I just ordered my gear from Newenough. Cost me a whopping ~$500.
:laughing: My first bike cost $1k and my gear cost about $1.2k. $500's a good deal and will be well worth it :thumb: Congrats on educating yourself before leaping headlong into a deadly hobby.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well your body only lasts once...so gear up right. Bike are replacable....body parts aren't (to a certain extent). Tomorrow is MSF....WOOT!
Yea i'm getting a 04 250r for $2500.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts