Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn, ever since my gixxer 750 got stolen I cannot come to a decision about the next bike. I will have about 8000.00 to play with through a loan. I loved the gixxer and had a chance to ride a r6 today, but not on the street so I only felt the power in 1st and 2cd gear. Being 280 and 6 foot I am most worried about having too small of a machine. Price wise I can find all of them for 8 g's but I want nothing older than an 02 with no more that 4000 miles. This will be mostly a commuter bike, about 50 miles a day. I guess I want some feedback from actuall real life people who have owned such machines maybe even close to the same physical stature. So what are your thoughts and experiences? At first I was set on trying a R1. Then i went back to a gixxer 750 because of less price and already knowing that I liked it. Then after talking to a R6 owner and basically finding out that the off the line power and midrange are similar to a litre - obvioulsy not top-end I am thing of gixxer 6 or and R6. But with that, it is the overall size thing, will these 6's be cramped or are they the same size in terms of peg placement. Hook me up guys - need to get back on the saddle, and need the best bike for my situation.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I jumped from a 954 to a 600rr and im kinda dissapointed.. I do alot of riding on mine and i wish i had more low end torque..

Im looking at trading the 600rr for a gsxr 1k...

I think you would be greatly dissapointed..

Im more interested in a new gsxr 750 though..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I loved my 750, with the yoshi system the power was great, very, very sensitive though. I think I will be disapointed, but we'll see what the general consensus is.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Gixxer 600 and 750 are on same frame. Gixxer 1k is larger. I got 04 R6 I love it but my bigger friends can't ride it very long at all. I suggest trying out the liter bikes. You'll see the differences @ top end and during a roll on. If an R1 @ 60mph in 6th twist the throttle and takes off, my R6 has to down shift to 3rd to keep up.

Just sit on a few different models see what's good for you.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
docta_freeze said:
I jumped from a 954 to a 600rr and im kinda dissapointed.. I do alot of riding on mine and i wish i had more low end torque..

Im looking at trading the 600rr for a gsxr 1k...

I think you would be greatly dissapointed..

Im more interested in a new gsxr 750 though..
why get rid of Blade then?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I did sit on the R1 and I really did think it was more comfertable that the gixxer 1000 or 750. I have heard more reliablility problems with the R1 that a zook 04 year. I would have to change out the undertail exhaust, I think that there will be a significant amount of heat in sitting traffic, and I do have some of that in my area. I do loke the look of the R1 a little better, but those gixxers I guess in my mind still seem like a more solid bike. Also their race program seems to be close to flawless, I mean shit, Maladin is great. I know some of that will obviously be the rider but still there is a large part that resides with the bike its self. I would probably have to ride a R1 to really be sure, however, that isnt the easiest thing to do, since I am not involved with any other riders.

·
Registered
13 Posts
the 04 R1 has quit a bit of heat coming from under the seat. so if you are willing to sacrifice a little comfort for style go ahead. i like the 05 gixxer though sweet bike... they are all sweet. the torque down low on a liter bike is incredible compared to a 600.. off the line the difference couldn't be greater.. to me up high is where they somewhat even out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now after seeing the 05 gixxer I am thinking yet again! If I can afford it? I do not like the turn signals in the mirrors though. Maybe the 06 R1 will be updated some?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
simple solution, if you like the R1, but not too fond of the underseat exhaust, get 02-03. Almost same power, but better FI.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts