Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The oil leak thing is getting tired. My 01 Deuce as 13k miles and has never leaked a drop. Granted, old Harleys leak. But I'm just so tired of this leaky oil POS crap I read. Just to show I'm not too biased I also own a new CBR F4i and a 01 XR650R. Give it a rest guys! Flame suit is on. :D

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I dont know if you've ever heard this joke, it's one of those 'fill in the line' jokes that you can rip on Ford or Harley! :D

It's too long for the whole thing, but:

The Horse and the chicken are walking
the horse falls in quicksand
the chicken get the farmers new Harley and pulls out the horse
later, the chicken falls in the quicksand
the horse just steps over the quicksand hole and the chicken grabs the horses 'manhood' and is pulled to safety

Moral: You dont need a Harley if you've already got a big D*** :D

~One of my classic favorites :)

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
BTW, Welcome Deuce! and since your on the fence here, may I ask you a question...

Why do Harley riders hate Metric Cruisers? Is it cuz they think they copy Harley? (about as tired as the oil dig) or cuz they feel that since the Metric costs so much less its not 'worthy'? or what?

·
Registered
55 Posts
i know at less 8 to 10 harley riders that i call friends. out of that group, theres only 1 hogley rider that his bike don't leak or isn't broke down. because it's newer about a 98 or 99. and he brought it new $19,000 :eek: . the others, some they built themselfs some are pre 80's. and all i hear is i need a new drive belt, i got to fix the leak in my oil pan, etc....... the oil leak thing is old to you. hell i'm a union worker who ride a japanese super sportbike. or as my union hogley brothers would call it, jap crap, riceburner, facefirst bike, poor mans toy, suicycle, etc........ i have nothing against hogley's, i just don't like them. some of them are pretty and sound cool, but their crusiers. i love sportbikes, when someone in america make a sportbike that can go 180+ mph for under $11,000 and weigh less than 430 pounds i'll buy one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HondaNut! said:
BTW, Welcome Deuce! and since your on the fence here, may I ask you a question...

Why do Harley riders hate Metric Cruisers? Is it cuz they think they copy Harley? (about as tired as the oil dig) or cuz they feel that since the Metric costs so much less its not 'worthy'? or what?
I don't know really. Alot of these folks just hate everything not Harley. Most won't wave back at me... I think because I use a full face helmet. I guess that's not cool. I like bikes of all kinds. If it has two wheels and a motor I want to ride it!!!;)

·
Registered
860 Posts
ive been around harleys for a long time. and some leak and some dont. the newer ones dont and the older ones do some times. my pops just sold his 76 shovel headand the only thing that leaked oil was out of the over flow tube or i think thats what it's called. it's just due to lack of riding b/c from what ive heard there is a check valve in there that when it sits too long it gets cloged with crud and doesnt open up and then fills up the tube so when you turn it on it pucks out oil. none the less i think that the harley davidson stealerships are a bunch of criminals:finger: all my pops wants is a a new bike since he's never owned anything new and those bastards are askin close to 4000 to 5000 over msrp and expect people to pay it what a bunch of bs. i dont hate the bikes but i hate the rich people only bikes that harley is turning out to be. i could see paying alot for a really high tec good preforming bike but to pay that much for a old engine and a bunch of crome is beyond me. i say make fun of the yuppie harley guys talk shit about the harley davidson stealerships and the corporation but leave some of the die hard riders alone they love to ride just as much as we do

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
phatkidwit1eye said:
ive been around harleys for a long time. and some leak and some dont. the newer ones dont and the older ones do some times. my pops just sold his 76 shovel headand the only thing that leaked oil was out of the over flow tube or i think thats what it's called. it's just due to lack of riding b/c from what ive heard there is a check valve in there that when it sits too long it gets cloged with crud and doesnt open up and then fills up the tube so when you turn it on it pucks out oil. none the less i think that the harley davidson stealerships are a bunch of criminals:finger: all my pops wants is a a new bike since he's never owned anything new and those bastards are askin close to 4000 to 5000 over msrp and expect people to pay it what a bunch of bs. i dont hate the bikes but i hate the rich people only bikes that harley is turning out to be. i could see paying alot for a really high tec good preforming bike but to pay that much for a old engine and a bunch of crome is beyond me. i say make fun of the yuppie harley guys talk shit about the harley davidson stealerships and the corporation but leave some of the die hard riders alone they love to ride just as much as we do
I hear ya!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Deuce said:
The oil leak thing is getting tired. My 01 Deuce as 13k miles and has never leaked a drop. Granted, old Harleys leak. But I'm just so tired of this leaky oil POS crap I read. Just to show I'm not too biased I also own a new CBR F4i and a 01 XR650R. Give it a rest guys! Flame suit is on. :D

nothing against hogley davidson's :D. but what else did you expect from a SPORTBIKE WEB SITE :twofinger .............

I REFUSE TO TIPTOE THROUGH LIFE,
JUST TO ARRIVE SAFELY AT DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
429 Posts
this is sportbike world, probably not going to get much praise on a hardly runningson here. I hate every harley ever made, dont care if it leaks oil or not. If i ever have one, id have to have two one to sh*t on and the other to cover it up with.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not looking for praise Sly. Just get tired of the same ole BS. I know what site this is. I also know this is general chat. ;)

·
Registered
429 Posts
i hear ya, i do give it up for the diehard harley riders cause they live to ride and ride to live, but its getting to be more richies than anything else that just ride 50 miles every other sunday, you know what I mean.

·
Registered
492 Posts
My reason for not like HD or metric cruisers is this.... A motorcycle should be two things 1. Fast 2. good handling. Cruisers are neither. I have ridden several cruisers(Magna, Royal Star, Vmax, Vulcan, etc..) and they were BORING. At least a Vmax is fun from stoplight to stoplight. With HD you get tons of go slow at 3 times the price, what a bargain.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
sly10man said:
this is sportbike world, probably not going to get much praise on a hardly runningson here. I hate every harley ever made, dont care if it leaks oil or not. If i ever have one, id have to have two one to sh*t on and the other to cover it up with.
yeah I love this attitude...wonder why there's so much animosity between the two groups....

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
kvpZX9R said:
A motorcycle should be two things 1. Fast 2. good handling. Cruisers are neither.
I gotta disagree.

Yes, a sportbike should be fast but that does not mean all motorcycles need to be fast.

secondly, alot of cruisers do handle quite nicely, ~maybe not at 100 in the twisties, but nicely for cruising on a nice sunday morning :)

And finally, a motorcycle does not need to be fast nor good handling to be a great or fun bike; My 59' AJS 250 single is definately not fast and is a handful to handle, but it sure is fun as heck to ride! :D

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
OH ya, I forgot the moral of the story:

broaden your horizon and step out of the box (hate that yuppie phrase, but it fit) ;)
Life is not all about Mach 1

-(off the box now) :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Jeesh!! At all the bashing!! Can't we all just freakin' get along? I WILL own a FatBoy one day and I will STILL own a sportbike too. They are two TOTALLY different riding experiences in my opinion.

You'll find idiots on both styles. Yes, a lot of little rich yuppies buy a Harley and think they are a 'biker'. My brother-in-law and sister both have Road Kings and ride ALL the time. They are at a point in their life they have the time to do this. Some people with Harley's are like us old Hot-Rodders... we like to customize and tinker on the machine. All the people I've met with them are great. And they didn't disown me when I bought my ZX6 either. LOL Belive me... take some grief from everyone at times when I do this very same thing with them. (take up for the "other side")

My point is this: If you own a bike... any bike... and love riding, you are okay by me. Hell, if you DON'T own a bike and are saving for one or just know you want one in the future, you have my support. So what if it's not a new R1 or a new Road King. In the immortal words of James Hetfield... SO FUC(*ing WHAT??!?!!

Just ride and have fun

·
Registered
46 Posts
Deuce said:

Why get a new line while that one still works.

Also
My 91 CBr600 has 51 thousand kilometres on it, has been dropped three times, and has the timing cover JB welded on, and it doesn't leak a drop.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts