Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i suspect my cam chain and/or the tensioner need a look see. how exactly do i get to it? any1 know of any sites that have instructions?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
What up, Meat? Nothing wrong with the chain, but the tensioner probably needs some help. Do a search on 'tensioner', go back about 18 months, and you'll find complete instructions....Simple, free 10 minute job...

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi Meat_Shield:

That second hyperlink was the one that I had in mind. You'll just have to decide if you want the stock CCT or a manually-adjusted CCT. Each has their own advantages and disadvantages. At least the manual ones are easy enough to address when they start making that rattling racket...

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
from what i hear, i'm gonna go with the manual, i dont want to have this happen again.

thanx for the input guys.

lol nice new avatar unas :jawdrop:

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i lied, the CCT is covered under the warrenty and i have a negative amount of time to put it in till school ends so i figured....its free why not.

oddly enough it fixed the slower more dangerous rattleing but it still sounds like the sound when u got change in ur car that is making that annoyng clinging sound at 6-6.5k rpm....hmmm i think i may take it back, unless any1 else has another diagnosis.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi Meat_Shield:

Continue to get the CCT replaced under warranty for as long as you can. It'll save you time and money...not to mention using the factory coverage for its intended purpose.

~ Blue Jays ~

1 - 10 of 10 Posts