Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rossco, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind posting something here about the 929RR recall for the clutch basket, for the benefit of our members (and at the risk of giving the Honda-haters fuel for the fire). I figured you'd be a good source after having discussed it on the CBR929RR forum. Thanks!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mrdatalife said:
Pete....see what you've started! :cool:
jc
-Honda rider
Hey JC! Yeah, I knew it was coming, but I want the scoop too, before the spring (about the same time I become another 929 customer of your insurance agent). ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Excellent! Thinking about getting another one??
Just let me know if you need any help with anything.
-jc

btw...let me wet your appetite:

[Edited by mrdatalife on 12-10-2000 at 09:21 AM]

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mrdatalife said:
Excellent! Thinking about getting another one??
Just let me know if you need any help with anything.
Ya Pete needs you to Ride the scary machine for him :D :D

BTW Pete ,

What are you doing hanging around the 929 forums for ?
Let me guess , Your name over there is "929Pete" ?

·
Registered
468 Posts
So far, I know nothing official. I have heard/read that it is supposedly not all the 929s that are affected by the recall, just certain production runs. I have also heard/read that Honda dealers have been advising people who inquire about the recall not to ride their 929s. This doesn't make sense to me, since if it was that serious a safety issue, I figure Honda would have sent out notices to all 929 owners telling us not to ride our 929s. I am not worried, since there is snow on the ground here now, and my 929 is pretty much put away for the winter. I will make a point of posting any info, or further developements, that come my way. Sorry I couldn't be of much help at this time. :(

As an aside, have you read the latest (December) issue of Fast Bikes? They chose the 929 as the sportbike of the year (no surprise there), and a couple of lines kinda caught my eye. According to Fast Bikes, the 929 can "outhandle an R1 with ease", and is "the most sublime mix of madness and useability ever invented". So very, very true. ;)

[Edited by Rossco929 on 12-11-2000 at 01:50 AM]

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rossco, thanks man.

Squid, I am not registered at CBR929.net.

JC, your bike looks great, especially with the "number plate" decal removed. I only wish they were offering the red/white for 2001. What I'd *really* like the have is the Euro silver 929RR, best looking of all, IMO.

·
Registered
468 Posts
funksouljon said:
WOW, If the bike is recommended to be parked by the dealer but still wins a sportbike of the year award, what does that mean about the competition?

Not just one SBOTY award. It has won more than all the rest of the competition combined. It doesn't say much for the competition, but it sure says a lot for the 929!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts