Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So get this , I'm sitting at the red light just waiting for it you go green on my way to work this morning. and this guy pulls up beside me and spits on me i was like WTF? :twofinger he's cursing and swearing and going on about something i don't even know what. So he peals away when the light turns green ( by this time i'm pretty pi$$ed off) So i lift of my leg and hold my size 12 work boot at about mirror hieght and get up beside him and crack my wrist and next thing you know he's missing his drivers side mirror and i'm way ahead of him going thru traffic on the freeway chuckling to myslef :D

·
Registered
860 Posts
HAHAHA....:thumb: serves him right what an asshole. :D

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
You are a bigger man than I am, I would have put the bike on the stand and beat the shit out of him and then ride away satisfied. Why the hell would someone spit on anyone, that is just so damn low class. Watch out when kicking mirrors off, I know a guy who went to jail for 3 months for doing that. Oh yeah, I hope it was a power mirror, they are more expensive.

·
Honda Moderator
458 Posts
I'm calling BS...

Several years ago I did have the occasion to take a mirror of a Hyundai when a woman came over into my lane on the freeway loop around memphis & I had no choice but to ride the shoulder & skim her. The mirror hit the crook of my arm & while it did remove the mirror it also about removed me from the bike & left a bruise that turned every color of the rainbow for weeks...

In addition & similar to your "story" I have stuck my foot out & kicked a couple dogs over the course of time in the in the last few years & that too severely upsets the bike to the point you will be lucky to stay on two wheels. I would also like to point out that dogs are much lower to the ground than a car mirror which means you would have had to raise your foot up as high as your handlebars to kick the mirror... Ever tried moving your foot forward on a sportbike where you are already leaned forward??? If you had you wouldn't have posted this thread..

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Lord Duckhunter said:
I'm calling BS...

Several years ago I did have the occasion to take a mirror of a Hyundai when a woman came over into my lane on the freeway loop around memphis & I had no choice but to ride the shoulder & skim her. The mirror hit the crook of my arm & while it did remove the mirror it also about removed me from the bike & left a bruise that turned every color of the rainbow for weeks...

In addition & similar to your "story" I have stuck my foot out & kicked a couple dogs over the course of time in the in the last few years & that too severely upsets the bike to the point you will be lucky to stay on two wheels. I would also like to point out that dogs are much lower to the ground than a car mirror which means you would have had to raise your foot up as high as your handlebars to kick the mirror... Ever tried moving your foot forward on a sportbike where you are already leaned forward??? If you had you wouldn't have posted this thread..

[/B][/QUOTE]

I concur - I had a run in with a mirror also and the mirror won. It broke, yeah, but I still lost.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So i lift of my leg and hold my size 12 work boot at about mirror hieght and get up beside him and crack my wrist
He didnt kick it, he used his boot like a bat. Quick thinking, although the temptation to use it on his face instead of the mirror would be way too tempting for me :finger:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. I'm no seasoned rider, but just trying to raise my foot up mirror height on a cage while still holding onto my grips is damn near impossible!! Maybe I'm just old though... and not limber. Everyone go out tommorrow and try this, post back and let us know how it goes. I'll be waiting for the results.

·
Registered
577 Posts
bowzer said:
So get this , I'm sitting at the red light just waiting for it you go green on my way to work this morning. and this guy pulls up beside me and spits on me i was like WTF? :twofinger he's cursing and swearing and going on about something i don't even know what. So he peals away when the light turns green ( by this time i'm pretty pi$$ed off) So i lift of my leg and hold my size 12 work boot at about mirror hieght and get up beside him and crack my wrist and next thing you know he's missing his drivers side mirror and i'm way ahead of him going thru traffic on the freeway chuckling to myslef :D
I think you let the cage idiot off easy. I know lots of riders who would have taken off alot more than the mirror. I take mirrors when they do stupid moves like swerving at me or my friends. Spitting on me would cost them four tires and a windshield maybe a fender or two. Just wait till they get stuck at a light and jump up and down on their cage until you start to attract a lot of attention then leave on one wheel, and make sure you let the cagers know they're number one:finger: :twofinger :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I just had to jump in on this one...

I can understand the impulse to do something like this, but do we really want another cage out there with one more excuse for the old "I didn't see him"? Leave his mirrors where they are.

If you have to do something, get next to him and at the next light jam a pen into a couple of his tires or something. That will satisfy your thirst for revenge AND get another cage off the road! But make sure you get TWO tires. One and they can just throw on the spare...

LOL

·
Registered
54 Posts
knocking off a mirror is easier than it seems on most cars. My experience is with a BMW and it was my forearm that took the mirror off. The mirror came off like a twig, didn't even loosen my grip on the clip-on. I imagine it would be twice as easy using your foot.

·
Registered
41 Posts
grunt-rider said:
I've kicked off a total of three mirrors... It's not hard...some of you must really be girly-men..:twofinger
True. Did it once, Almost got in trouble for a hit and run.... It was never proven and the guy was the one at fault in the end, I told the cop he tried to cut me off I lifted my leg because I didn't want to get my leg smashed, luckily my pos KLR didn't have the front fairing on and I said it was damaged by the impact:D Did I ever tell you guys the time I wrote off my firebird when a guy hit me, the damagae was there for months when I put ah nevermind...

·
Registered
741 Posts
grunt-rider said:
I've kicked off a total of three mirrors... It's not hard...some of you must really be girly-men..:twofinger
LOL Yeah, mirrors aren't all that hard to get off. :cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
What an ass to spit on a stranger. Anyways many times I have been tempted to hit the glass part of the mirror with my carbon fiber knuckles. Has anyone done this? Will it render my gloves useless or just break the shit out of their precious mirror?

·
Registered
79 Posts
just make sure when using your fist that your wrist is straight and you're mind is ready to go through that mirrior or glass window. if you are off just a little, you'll probably break your wrist and/or hand. or at the very least hurt it really bad.

if i ever use my fist, it's usually to the hood or the fenders. otherwise the foot is the best bet. doors...mirrors...it all depends what effect you're going for.

so do any of you other guys/gals carry knives? i have a few...
haven't had to use any of them yet, but they make a great tool and deterrents somebody from possibly being really stupid with you...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts