Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
not even funny

Ummm I may be going out on a limb here (NOT) but that isn't a funny article at all...Just because it involved a sportbiker and a person in a car(or cager as you like to call it) doesn't mean it deserves the title "cager gets it, gotta love this one"! you are seriously wrong to smile and enjoy the misfortunes and pain of others, whether that guy asked for it or not..I think you're thread is unecessary and childish at best..:mad:

·
Registered
379 Posts
I'm not going to get to "deep" here, but I really don't have sympathy for those who choose to put their lives at risk. The cager was driving with his balls and not his head. This was bound to happen from the get go.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I live right here in San Jose where that happened, and drivers here are crazy. No matter what words were said between these two, the car driver deserves what he got for acting like that and endangering so many other lives driving like an ass. What if he crashed and took out the biker like he wanted to, would feelings be different? It puts a smile on my face and I hope he learns his lesson (not to lose control), if not then I hope he cant drive anymore. :) :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Re: not even funny

JusIncredibleR6 said:
you are seriously wrong to smile and enjoy the misfortunes and pain of others, whether that guy asked for it or not..I think you're thread is unecessary and childish at best..:mad:
I agree. Even though the cager was acting like an idiot wishing ill on him is pretty sad. The only good thing about this story is that the rider (a TRUE rider) stopped to help the guy anyway. What would you (Wolfman) have done? Flipped him off, laughing as you ride off wishing he was dead? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
I'm sorry..I can't understand..how in gods name you can "Smile" at the fact that someone was seriously hurt, regardless of the circumstances...If the rider had any Balls, he would have pulled over and confronted the driver..and taken the chase out of the equasion(sp)..While I think the drive was way outta line for giving chase..IMHO, it's still not funny to me that he got hurt, was he stupid for driving the way he did ?..yep, did he endanger other people.? yep I also think he deserves some jail time for driving as such..but not to laughed at for the injuries he sustained..

Just supposing things were different, and the bike cut him off, and words were exchanged, bla bla, and the bike crashed, and the rider got hurt..is that funny too....?

I'm glad that no other drivers, bystaners were hurt, or killed during this chase, road rage is a serious deal, laughter isn't a reaction that I would consider a reaction to something like this..
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
20 Posts
stopped and confronted???? do you have any idea how many cagers have guns these days??? The dude was trying to run a bike off the road....sorry, grow up and obey the traffic laws. if bikes fair out better, so be it...road rage should not cost the lives of the innocents.

·
Registered
20 Posts
orvil99 said:
stopped and confronted???? do you have any idea how many cagers have guns these days???
No. Do you?

Anyway, it's Northern Cali. The tree-huggers aren't supposed to believe in violence.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Sounds like Karma finally caught up to a homicidal cager. I'm sure the lame brain cager had it coming. :finger: :finger: :finger:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't have any pitty for the dumb bastard. If I had been on the bike I doubt I would haved laughed about it but I sure as hell would'nt cry over it either. As far as confronting him about it, to hell with that. To many people with guns in there vehicles these days. I know, I'm one of them. I've been on the receiving end of road rage before with my 5 year old son and pregnant wife with me. The 3 guys were high as hell and were just looking to **** with someone and I just happened to be there that night. The Beretta changed there mind.

·
Registered
254 Posts
To me, it's just incredible that this happened at all. What was the car driver's intention if he caught the guy? Run over him? I think he put the guy in a situation where he didn't have any choice but to try to get away.

Forget about whether he got what he deserved or not. I'm just glad he only hurt himself. Think of how many other people (including the biker) could have been injured or killed because of this guy's lunatic behavior. Thankfully he crashed in a place and time where he only injured himself.

He chose to initiate this thing....he has to accept the consequences.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Wolf is right. It IS funny. HAHAHAHAH loser. Enjoy the hospital food.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well, just my .02, but there are always two sides to every story. Road rage in general is stupid and I'm sure the rider wasn't a saint in the matter either. As for the confrontation thing, yes drivers carry guns, but riders carry guns too.

Furthermore, just because the bike was smaller and could lane-split, doesn't mean that he wasn't driving recklessly either.

Look, I love to ride and I'm sure I made a few of you mad, but come on. I've seen some pretty stupid riding on the road and most of the time it's from sportbike riders having a bigger ego than their engine and to say anyone had it coming is childish.

All I'm saying is that none of us know the whole story here and confrontations of any kind on the road are just plain stupid.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Trigger I agree with everything you have said. It just about sums up this thread really, except for one thing. The cyclist was attempting to flee and the car driver was chasing him. Therefore, the cyclist was attempting to end the confontation and the car driver was attempting to continue it. As one who has had plenty of confrontations with dickheads in cars because I commute by bike every day, I think its quite funny that he crashed ( since no one was hurt but him !!!!!) and I wish stuff like this would happen more often to a**holes like this guy. In fact , I wish him plenty of facial scarring and a loss of mental capacity as well, if thats even possible. If you've ever been chased by a car Im sure you can identify with that feeling.

And the biker, what a gracious fella ! I dont have that much love in me.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I wont say that it is funny, but i DO think that the cager got what he deserved.

I have been in situations where a cager has gotten pissed and tried to chase me down. what would you have me do... Pull off the road and try to talk to him? Lets put this into perspective. I am 5'4" and weigh 130 soaking wet. a cager is 6'0" and weighs 190 and can bench press me and my bike with no problems. He is pissed enough to try to chase me down and you think I should how did you say "stop and confront him"? I THINK NOT!! I will run. fast as I have to. He who turns and runs away lives to fight another day. I for one pick my fights.

do we know who the biker was? what about this possibility... maybe it was a woman on the bike? if so, should she stop? if a cager is raging enough to chase down a bike, then what doyou think he would do to a Female biker after he catches her? RUN GIRL RUN!!

think about this. they were in traffic. I can weave in and out of cars easier and safer than a car can. Maybe the biker shouldnt have dont that, but he did. the car was chasing him. Bad karma. the biker was trying to end the confrontation, but the car was trying to pro long it. Hell when the car crashed he slid through a intersection BACKWARDS before going through the rail and landing at the bottom of a 20' embankment on his ROOF ina BIKE PATH!! I have a nine month old son. what if my wife had been going through that intersection and had been hit by this a$$hole sliding backwards? what if it was you son or daughter on the bike path that this a$$hole landed on?

Oh thats right. the bike shouldnt have run... Sorry pal. you got what you deserved. Im glad he got hurt. Im also glad that he diddnt hurt any one else.

Sorry if I sound like I am getting personal, but this type of thing pisses me off, or could you tell?

Mike

·
Registered
152 Posts
What is this?

[QUOTEIf the rider had any Balls, ][/QUOTE]

If the rider had any "balls", he would have waved at the guy who cut him off, smiled, and been grateful that he spotted the guy's traffic mistake and corrected for it. I figured a long, long, time ago if I got mad at every car driver that screwed up or didn't see me, I was going to spend my entire riding time mad. We have accepted the risks, we have to avoid them. Anything else is unworkable. It would have been better if they had stopped on the street and confronted each other? You can correct the driver and make them feel foolish for not seeing you and maybe the next time they will, if you handle it appropriately. Just my opinion, just like something else, "we all have them." Peace.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I dont agree with wishing another person ill will. I just hope there are lessons learned by the 2 involved and the rest of us.

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
GaBandit12 said:
To me, it's just incredible that this happened at all. What was the car driver's intention if he caught the guy? Run over him? I think he put the guy in a situation where he didn't have any choice but to try to get away.

Forget about whether he got what he deserved or not. I'm just glad he only hurt himself. Think of how many other people (including the biker) could have been injured or killed because of this guy's lunatic behavior. Thankfully he crashed in a place and time where he only injured himself.

He chose to initiate this thing....he has to accept the consequences.
With this I totally agree. I am also amazed that the motorcyclist did indeed stop and try to help the guy. That, for once, shows that we as a community aren't all bad.

I know I have had exchanges with cagers several times. Sometimes you can't do anything but try and get away. I've had a gun pulled on me by someone who was tailgating me at night. I pulled over and let him by then he looped back and followed me to my destination claiming I was high beaming him. I wasn't, it's just the brightness of the R1s beams.

All in all, yeah I believe the car driver got what he deserved, not b/c he was in a car (we all own cars right?) but b/c of his war-like actions. The motorcyclist was lucky and probably deserved to crash to but we all benefit from being able to ride state of the art bikes that can easily handle speeds cars are unstable at.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts