Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i am looking into getting a sport bike but im not sure what bikes to look into so i am looking for some sugjestions and im not sure if this is going to matter towards the sugjestions but i am 5'9" and about 140lbs

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Welcome :cheers:

How much riding experience do you have with bikes other than sportbikes?

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
So you're used to the controls of a bike, that's good.

Are you looking to buy new or used? What's your price range, and have you factored gear into the equation? Have you taken the MSF?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im looking to buy used price range is at most $5,000 no i haven't factored gear into the equation and no i haven't taken the MSF

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
If you haven't factored gear into the equation, you need to. That'll put you closer to the $4K range. I'm going to go with cookee and say that the Ninja 250 is going to be the best transition from dirt to asphalt for you.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
You can get plenty of bikes for around 4k, especially if you dont care about the looks. A 250 can be had for 2.5k in good shape, and a 500 for around 3. Look into the SV's you should be able to find a 00-02 for around 4k, and there are always some pre-rashed F4i's.

While I recommend getting a cheap bike, dont skimp on the gear. Not only does your health depend on it, but you will also have it on all the damn time. Its better if its comfortable

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Welcome :cheers:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Welcome!

I definitely agree on the gear suggestions. Since you live in Vermont, you will have a lot more choice in picking out good gear since you don't have to deal with the horrid humidity and heat that we have in Mississippi.

+1 on the Ninja 250. I'm only a few hundred away from paying for mine with cash.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts