Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to buy a set of leathers so i can really ride (im actually pretty reserved on my bike due to the fact i dont have a set). but does anyone know where i can find a good set on the net for less then 500$ (if there is such a thing) all the ones i see are 800+ and unfortuantely im not bill gates. and if/when i get a set i promise i will post a pic of me, 5'10 210 lbs (yes i like to drink) wearing a set of leathers

------------------
Trying is the first step towards failure.

P

·
0 Posts
Check out the Sportbike Gear forum for related topics of discussion.

------------------
Pete
"Ultimately, most problems can be solved by applying a large brick to the correct skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the the right skull. The Devil is always in the details."

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
go to www.newenough.com (i just bought mine there). they are very professional.

I believe you will find a set of new fieldsheer leathers there that will fit you. and they are under $500.

if used isn't your thing, agv.com has all kinds of boot/leathers/glove deals. i had (have) agv rage leathers, they were well built and comfortable on the street.

i paid $500 for them new, which was a great price four years ago. i currently have dainese leathers i bought from newenough for $465 (yes the really ugly ones) and they are only comfy on the bike.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

·
Registered
525 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
I will second the AGV.com advice. They are really well priced and a quality product. They have a ton of colors and styles so take a look. If nothing else, order the catalog and ask for the cool poster with it.

Ride Hard, Ride Safe but above all else:

------------------
Fear Green.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Check out www.gablesmotorsports.com and go to their Online-Store, look at the Nankai leathers, they are running a Summer Sale and you might be able to get your leathers.

The Nankai leathers weigh less than AGV or Dainese but are stronger in case of accidents (I used to have the Dainese Safety Pro), I saw a friend of mine go down twice at about 80 to 100 mph (race track), and the leathers have only minor scratches.

The Japanese are very conservatives so if Flamboyant is your thang, you won't like their designs.

I will ask for Dan if you decide to go for them, he is in charge of their web site and the Summer sale, I know cause the counter guys didn't know anything about when I called.

------------------
CBR900RR'1997
Are we there yet!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts