Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
G1K or R1 for newbie

I suggest you save yourself a ton of money and buy a simple pine coffin instead. I think they can be had for about $400.

·
Registered
518 Posts
either of those two + new rider = splat!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not new to riding,new to this board,didn't know in what topic I had to put this question.
Wanted to know what you guys thought about the bikes.

Josje.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Josje said:
Not new to riding,new to this board,didn't know in what topic I had to put this question.
Wanted to know what you guys thought about the bikes.

Josje.
O.K....so I was wrong......for once...:laughing:

All I can tell ya is to sit on and, or ride both bikes...pick the one that suits you best...Even though I like the gix best...

Oh, and welcome to the boards...:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wrong for once????
You couldn't have known!
Well thank you anyway.
Hard to get a discussion going here.

See you around.

Josje.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
josje: You would probably have obtained better answers if you had introduced yourself as being new to the board, so many yrs of riding, presently riding such & such a bike with the thought of said two bikes for said feeling or reasons & asked others their opinion.

We are flogged with 15 to 18 yr old people that have never riden a m/c & the gleam in their eye is such & such a 600 or possibly 1000. So now you get the hang for such answers. We try to help non-riders to aim for something more sensible along with the MSF course first, but they argue that they know best. Just hang onto this board & note the strange questions on what bikes the beginners are thinking of.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
let's get the discussion moving in the daily rider section.

btw, i personally would go for the gsxr's torque. out right horsepower on either one would be too hard to use.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'd opt for the R1...it's just so damn sweet. all the gsxr's look the same to me. the performance differences are so minute that most of us mere mortals wouldn't be able to tell the difference. jmo...whatever that's worth!?

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Both with a maze of power & being owner of a '97 Yamaha YZF600r (a bit guttless to R6 & other more modern irons) plus a Honda 929. My 600 scoots along at the same pace as my 929 with bags of power in it. Well above max speed limits & I get tickets when riding the 600 or 929 not in town, but on the fastest roads in Canada.

If looking for something above the present 600 I guess it would be another 929 if an unused one is still in the crate or the 954. STILL if it was down to just one bike I would drop the 929 & hang on to the '97 600!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
925 Posts
As been said, it really all comes down to personally comfort. The gsxr is wide, and actually feels like theres a bike under you, the r1 feels like you`re on a moped. The first time I ever sat on an r6 I was in love, and was positive that was the bike I would get next... and then I sat on a gsxr... now I just can`t see myself on a yamaha what so ever, they just feel like toys compared to the gsxr, as is the same with the hondas I sat on.

Ah well, whatever you decide on, enjoy, and be safe :)

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
wantanaprilia said:
As been said, it really all comes down to personally comfort. The gsxr is wide, and actually feels like theres a bike under you, the r1 feels like you`re on a moped. The first time I ever sat on an r6 I was in love, and was positive that was the bike I would get next... and then I sat on a gsxr... now I just can`t see myself on a yamaha what so ever, they just feel like toys compared to the gsxr, as is the same with the hondas I sat on.

Ah well, whatever you decide on, enjoy, and be safe :)
Ya know, it's amazing how many people say the same thing...I'd have to add the Kaw in there too...

The part about the other bikes seeming small, it really shows up in a fast sweeping turn...IMHO..:2cents:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay,I'm sorry ,I wasn't really aware of the socialization on this board,having so many topics and all.
Won't happen again.
Just thought; Let's start a discussion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts