Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes, i am new to the motorcycle world. and i do have a 250 cc Ninja. and doing the wheelie thing...well...watching people do it always made me want to do it and i've always wondered how. maybe in a coupla years, i'll try it. :D 16?...close, i'm actually 17. any other criticisms you want to shoot at me? go right ahead. ok...back to regular topic. Kawasaki ZX11...i've been reading a lot of articles, reviews, specifications, etc, on this bike and i'm really starting to love it. weee...cant wait to ride one of these babies and since its used, i have no break-in blues... :D :D :D

------------------

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
in a few days, i will soon be a kawasaki zx11 owner. used, and with 2700 mileage on it and a level 2 jet kit. i just have a coupla questions and your feedback would be nice.

1. How much does the jet kit affect the performance of bikes?

2. i know this is an awesome bike...but is it THAT awesome?

thanks guys. laterz

GREEN4EVR!!!!

------------------

S

·
0 Posts
Hey man,

Jet kits don't double your power, only sloght differences... If lets say you have 177 mph topspeed it might go up a few mph.

How awsome you say ?? how about 180mph top speed ,(approx) 130hp, 80 lbs trq., 10.5 sec 1/4 mile, but at a weight of 604 lbs wet... stay off the race track! :)

BTW: How old are you ???

------------------
Whatever that little sheep said is a damn lie !!

·
Registered
503 Posts
didnt u just post in another forum that u know nothing about motorcycles? & u wanted to know how to wheelie? & u are brand new to the world of automobiles? that leads me to believe u r barely 16? well.. its been nice knowin ya. :(

dont by the zx-11 & buy a 250-650 instead.

------------------

·
Registered
987 Posts
Young, first let me say this... No one loves ZX11s' more than me. When I finally, reluctantly sold my 90, it had over 100k on it. I mention that so you'll know that I know a little about them.
Zx11s are good for two things - Drag racing, and sport-touring. Even though you can do tricks on them, the weight & power of the bike makes it dangerous for you & hard on the motorcycle.
What sort of riding do you want to do? If you want to pop wheelies, do stoppies & burnouts, and things like that you'd be much better off with a smaller, lighter bike. If you want to roadrace or go to the track, you'd be better off with a smaller bike.
If you want to drag, or fly down country roads at ridiculous speeds while feeling the firm breasts of a trembling schoolgirl being pushed forcefully into your back, then the big Z is the bike for you!!

------------------

·
Registered
367 Posts
I was told by a friend that the ZX11 will spin the rear tire and kick out to the right, before it'll lift the front tire. It's not a good wheelie bike because of the wheelbase and heavy frontend.
I could be wrong.

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
38 speeding tickets and still counting

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright scotty, i read that forum. quite informative. im wondering why are you so damn harsh against newbies? YIkeS!!! traumatized...? lol...JK!! :D :D alright, i'll stop. well...so i'm guessing an 1100 cc bike is too big. i thought so...to tell you the truth, i actually want the suzuki 600 gixxers. i'll look into that. i'm going city riding too so a big bike like that wont help me much. now all i gotta do is convince my big guy not to buy it. YIKES!....thanks for all your help.

------------------
Too Young to ride, too old to not

P

·
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by youngrider_250:
16?...close, i'm actually 17.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But acting like you're 13.

------------------
Pete
"Ultimately, most problems can be solved by applying a large brick to the correct skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the the right skull. The Devil is always in the details."

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think we should celebrate one last birthday for youngrider... if he gets that bike we all know he won't get another one. Hey youngrider have you ever seen a kid about your age with his brain smeared all over the ground because he was riding too fast and hit a firehydrant? I have... his older brother wasn't happy about putting his younger brother in the ground at such a young age. I love that honda ad in all the mags... "STUPID HURTS"

------------------
Paul

·
Registered
873 Posts
Ok, sheesh you guys are a bit rough on the kid. Youngrider, dont even think about getting a ZX11, i would recommend waiting until you are older, more experienced, gone down a few times, made several mistakes, etc. Its beter to screw up on a 250R than on a ZX11... at least if nothing else you can pick up the 250 if you tip it over.

I love the ZX11 but i dont even want one because it is too big, and ive been riding sportbikes for 8 years, other bikes for 3 years prior.

Hang in there '250 and dont let these bloodthirsty wolves get to you. (Just dont go posting ridiculous things like you being 17 a new rider etc, wanting / buying a ZX11 and expecting a red carpet welcoming committee)

------------------
Fear Green.

P

·
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GreenNinja:

Hang in there '250 and dont let these bloodthirsty wolves get to you.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If that ain't the pot calling the kettle black... :p :D

------------------
Pete
"Ultimately, most problems can be solved by applying a large brick to the correct skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the the right skull. The Devil is always in the details."

·
Registered
288 Posts
youngrider_250,

Sure, you could go with the ZX-11. Or, you could take a gun and blow your brains out. Either way, you'd end up dead.

If you absolutely need a bike bigger than your 250, get a 600 at most.

IMO, you should trade in the 250 for a shiny, new mountain bike.

Yes, this post is a little harsh, but damn kid, why do you continually ignore good advice?

------------------
Hey officer, wanna race????

[This message has been edited by Spitfire (edited July 31, 2000).]

·
Registered
380 Posts
arrrgghh....what is it with these kids? When I was 16, or I'm sorry 17, I knew anything bigger than a 500 was too much for me to start with. I scared myself silly on a Bandit 400, even after I'd ridden for 5 years. I'd say at least 80% of riders out there never even approach the limits of a 600, let alone a ZX11. I'll say it again, learn on a smaller bike, and if possible on a dirt bike.
YOu can lead them to water, but you can't make them drink....

------------------
j.-
"rawlbrughhhlearlaurTIMMY!"

P

·
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by inanima:

YOu can lead them to water, but you can't make them drink....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I recently saw this written, and liked it: You can lead them to wisdom, but you cannot make them think.

------------------
Pete

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah, i see your point. :D i doubt i would be able to pick up a 500 pound bike anyways. so, i'll settle with a 500 or 600. thanks for your opinions. quite interesting actually. :D

------------------

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey Youngrider!

Very smart move. I am impressed that you had the wisdom to know when you were in over your head. Give it a couple of years and then think about a big liter bike. Again, smart move!

------------------
95% of Harley Davidsons are still on the road today,
5% actually made it home!

Bryon Hart
Ocala, Fl
95 ZX-7

P

·
0 Posts
What Bryon said. And remember, today's 600s are plenty quick enough to get you into trouble. Ride smart, ride safe.

------------------
Pete

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
young,

i agree that you are making a wise decision.

i'm sure you think a lot of people are trashing you for being young. that's not the case. the reality is when we were young, the old guys at the shop busted our balls to keep us from doing stupid things and that's what everyone here is trying to do to you.

my advice, keep the baby ninja. when you pass an r6 on a ninja 250 everyone knows you're good. when you pass and r6 on an r1, it's "all bike".

and seriously, if i had a ninja in high school. damn, better than the kid with the 65 mustang.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks...good advice. i'll ride my 250 for another half a year and see how it goes. it has been fun so far, and it certainly wont end here. i'll wait and see the new line of 600s when it comes out, and perhaps purchase one when i think i'm ready. i have a lot i dont know yet, which hopefully would be answered in this family forum. thanks guys. thanks for the advice.

------------------

1 - 20 of 20 Posts