Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the deal with these guys?.I see the majority of "greeninja`s" poll is for Bush.Why?.Does he support sportbikes?.

·
Squid
2019 Ducati Monster 1200s
813 Posts
I'm going to vote for Gore because I want to see more of his daughters :D Maybe they'll do a layout in Playboy or something :D

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
I do not like Gore because he is anti-second amendment.

While I like Sportbikes, I feel my Second Amendment rights are a higher priority.

P.S. Besides Sportbike World (and my normal job as the webmaster for a local school district) I also run two Second Amendment related websites:

The Firearm Times:
http://www.firearmtimes.com

Gun-Wear:
http://www.gun-wear.com

But I have mad it a policy not to let them mix with Sportbike World (Untill you asked me why I hate Gore) ;)

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
I can't reply to why I support Bush and keep it brief. The last 8 years have been the most corrupt and damaging administration in history. Some of the damage is not even realized by the public at large yet.

National security has been destroyed. Too many secrets have been sold for campaign finance contributions.

The Military, of which I proudly served 9 years, has been chopped to dagerously low levels of readiness. Gore is lying his ass off when he says that the Military is ready to go now. What else is a Chief of Staff going to say. They, sadly enough, are politicians too. Not necessarily by choice though.

Gore wants to give far too many tax breaks to people with children. Sorry parents, but I am tired of paying for your disrespectful, baggy pants wearing, underwear-showing, hip-hop smartasses. If you can't pay for your own damn kids, then stop having them.

Gore wants to take away all of our rights... you remember the thing called the Bill of Rights don't you? It was taught in school back when the history of THIS country was taught. The government is not getting what few weapons I own. I'm not putting a safety lock on them and I'm not going to register them.

Gore is trying, right in Clinton's footsteps, to take away millions of acres of "free public" land from OHV users.

Neither one of the candidates have a great environmental record but those who think Gore is concerned with the environment should let me know when you are coming to Tennessee and I will give you a little tour of what the Clinton administration has cut well over 100 million dollars from. The rivers in Texas, from what I remember, don't need signs at the accesses, telling you not to eat the fish due to contamination and don't make contact with the water in the creeks. The poultry industry, which has pumped millions of dollars into Clintons legal defenses, has ruined many of the rivers and streams in Arkansas.

Gore keeps talking about his support of public education but yet he nor his family has ever attended public school that I know of.

Neither candidate(Bush or Gore) has a clue about what the working class needs. They have never experience that. Clinton and Gore's biggest supporters have always been Foreign Nationals and wealthy Hollywood's Actors/Actresses. Now that is a group that knows what the working class needs.

Gore supports late term abortions when there is no viable medical evidence that shows it saves mothers' lives. Hell, the woman pretty much delivers the baby... well past the time that the child could be kept alive. Any other abortion should be considered a non-issue because it is not going to be oulawed by anyone. There just isn't enough support from any party.

Gore is an arrogant bastard that talks down to people.

Gore volunteered to go to Vietnam since his dad could get him a journalist MO and it would help his dad make a political statement about his dislike of the Vietnam war.

Gore claims he supported the Persian Gulf war when in fact, the only reason he voted with the Republicans, was because they gave him 14 minutes to debate the issue on the floor when the Democrats would only give him 7. In other words, he sold his vote. Sound familiar?

If you want anymore reasons just let me know. :D

·
Registered
873 Posts
And another thing...

Thanks John, I dont think i could ever articulate all that as well as you.. But let me speak about something Mr. Gore keeps trying to drill into peoples heads.

"The Bush tax plan gives most of the tax breaks to the wealthiest 1% of Americans."

Now. If you look at this LOGICALY, lets say you make $2,000,000.00 this year. Lets say you pay 20% taxes.

Two-million times 20% = $400,000.00 in taxes.

Lets say you make $40,000.00 this year. You pay 20% in taxes. $40,000.00 times 20% = 8,000.00

gee according to Gores logic the Middle class are getting away with highway robbery!!!!! They are only paying 2% of all Taxes!!!!!!

Do you see how pathetically warped this thinking is???

The Bush tax plan gives EVERYONE a tax cut. From the wealthiest to the poorest. And as a matter of fact, many of the poorest wont pay taxes at all!! The Gore plan gives only the middle class a tax break, creating an even more disproportionate bias on taxes.

Fair is fair, and creating a political class war for no reason other than to get elected, is one reason most of America are sick of Politicians.

Vote BUSH.

G

·
Keeping it short and sweet, and repeating some of what has already been stated, here are a few areas of concern for me where I believe G. Dubya will drive towards what *I* consider a positive impact on our nation:

- education
- constitutional rights (particularly the 2nd Amendment)
- military
- the size of the U.S. government
- tax programs
- foreign policy

In general, I don't subscribe to the "liberal" ways of thinking common to the Democratic party as it is today.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm afraid I have to chime in here on this one. Gore is for "targeted tax cuts." That basically means that if you live your life as the federal government mandates, you will get to keep a little more of *your* money. If not, well your money will be redistributed to those who are govenment compliant. It's extremely dangerous when the government mandates how we should live our lives. The democratic party has long been in the forefront when it comes to taking away our rights. They feel that we are too ignorant to know what's best for ourselves. Gore is against the internal combustion engine. He is also a compulsive liar, but I won't get into that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Although I am a supporter of Bush, I do have lots of concerns about him being the leader of the nation. Maybe it's just me, but Bush seems to be a bit of a little bitch. America needs a charismatic, powerful figure to lead, like Teddy Roosevelt was. Personally i think it is time for america to seperate Big Business and Government. It just screams corruption, and I think both candidates (Nader a tree-poking jackass: doesn't count as real candidate) are a bit too concerned with how the lobbyists will treat them.

Oh well, just more american politics for ya.

·
Registered
517 Posts
RCjohn said:
...Sorry parents, but I am tired of paying for your disrespectful, baggy pants wearing, underwear-showing, hip-hop smartasses...
Hey RC, as a parent, I just want to say thanks. When my daughter is old enough, I'll have her write you a thoughtful note of gratitude. It sounds like you would be better off voting for Lyndon Larouche (the Federalist).

Looks like I'm the lone dissenter. I'm in the military, serving kinda proudly, and I'm still a liberal, still support abortion rights and I don't like Charlton Heston. Sorry.
Both candidates are liars. Gore does talk down. At least he has decent command of the english language. Gore's environmental record isn't as strong as he says. At least he hasn't appointed an industry leader as head of an "unbiased" environmental board. Yes, Gore benefited from his dad. At least his father was not a part of introducing crack cocaine to inner city poor in the early 1980's. And this administration is corrupt? What, the democrats have that market cornered? Oh, yeah, Iran-Contra. Watergate.
Geez, guys, maybe I will have to go with the lilly-white party this election.
If you are going to truly vote your conscience, you have to look elsewhere. Those two idiots just won't cut it. The sad part is, both of their running mates are way more interesting than they are.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Its getting cold in here....

Scotty, my god man, if your heart bled any more itd have nothing to pump. WHINE WHINE WHINE!.. :D Ok, as a moderator i really must curb my tongue, so ill cease on any further "personal" stuff.

What i will say is this. Does the amount of makeup and the ability to lie with a straight face make one a better candidate then the other? Does the ability to invent one's own history as it suits the campaign make one a better candidate? "yeah, but they both do it" ive heard that a hundred times... "but but but". It comes down to Gore or Bush. Thats it. Whining about how sorry BOTH candidates are and how neither is presidential is too little too late. Whining about Reagan, Clinton, Carter, Nixon, etc etc, simply because of party affiliations, is just ignorant. Its gonna be Gore or its gonna be Bush.

Gore has more faces than Bush. Gore will say more than Bush to get elected. His record of flip flops and complete falsehoods stand for themselves. Bush is not perfect. He has indeed exaggerated a number here and there. But Bush has never INVENTED his own history. And definately hasnt invented the kind of whacked out distorted untruths that Gore pulls out of his rectum on a daily basis to slam the competition with.

Bush is not a great orator. He isnt polished and powdered with the Ken Doll personna of Gore. To me, thats one more reason to vote for Bush. He is not a politician in the conventional sense. Gore is.

You show me a sappy backstabbing say-anything-to-get-a-sale used car salesman, and Ill show you a democratic Presidential candidate to put him to shame.

If you vote on aestetics then Bush isnt your man. As for me, Id rather have a HUMAN in the white house any day then be stuck with an automated mannequin with perfect teeth and a complexion Eva Gabor would be jealous of. Al Gore is NOT presidential. He may play someone who is supposed to be on TV, but in the real world hes a sellout say anything consummate politician.

Scott, i do respect you for taking a stand however and posting your beliefs, against the current. And i do hope that you do your job well in the military. I do thank you for that.

[Edited by GreenNinja on 10-27-2000 at 12:11 AM]

G

·
Hey, Auger...

Since you asked the question, especially considering the sarcastic tone in which you asked ;) , I'm curious to know what your stance is.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Scotty,

Could you tell me a little more about this Larouche guy? ;)

I agree with you hole heartedly that the Vice Pres. candidates are more interesting. I would vote for a Cheney/Lieberman ticket in a second. :cool: Not a Lieberman/Cheney ticket though. :D

So are you saying that Bush gave crack to intercity youths in the 80s? I haven't heard that. I think Gore invented intercity youths. :rolleyes:

I hate politicians myself as many people do but Bush is much less of a politician than Gore. Gore did not grow up in Tenn as he would like everyone to believe. He grew up in Washington DC. He has been preparing to for the Presidential election all of his life. He just didn't realize he was going to lose it. ;)

Who gives a shit if the President has great command of the english language. I don't have the greatest command of the language myself but I can't assure you that I have a much greater than average intelligence. I just can't spell that well. :D It is time to restore some integrity to the Whitehouse. We have had 8 years of abuse of power. Clinton has command of the english language and every english speaking intern between Arkansas and Washington DC. People may think that "they all do it" but they don't all do it and then laugh in your face when they are caught at it.

I AM TIRED OF GIVING UP MY RIGHTS BECAUSE THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY THINKS IT IS SMARTER THAN OUR FOUNDING FATHERS. :MAD:

BTW, Scotty this post is not all directed at you. :) I respect your opinion... don't agree with all of it but do respect it. I am just expressing mine further.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bush vs. Gore

Pete,I really don`t have a choice but if you were to mail a ballot up here(Langley,BC),I would throw an extra vote in for Bush.

G

·
LMAO!!!

auger said:
Pete,I really don`t have a choice but if you were to mail a ballot up here(Langley,BC),I would throw an extra vote in for Bush.
Damn, where is that "Location" field when you need it?! :D Hey, but thanks for the gesture!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Greenninja. Thanks for setting me straight, man!:D I'm sure it's obvious that I don't follow politics as closely as I should, but my liberal bent sometimes wads my panties:eek:. Truth is, I'm not much of a Gore fan anyway - I find him plastic and condesending. Plus his wife used to be some kind of censorship nazi. I guess now she's cool 'cause she can admit she gets depressed.:rolleyes:. But I just couldn't vote for Bush. Sorry...the man's a dumbass. And seriously, thank you for respecting my opinion and I'm proud to be protecting you.

RCJohn. Yeah, man, read "Dark Conspiracy" by John Gray. Everything you ever wanted to know about the George Bush era CIA, the Contras and the inner-city crack epidemic. And this Larouche character...he's your kind of conspiracy theorist. ;)

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
scotty said:

RCJohn. Yeah, man, read "Dark Conspiracy" by John Gray. Everything you ever wanted to know about the George Bush era CIA, the Contras and the inner-city crack epidemic. And this Larouche character...he's your kind of conspiracy theorist. ;)
You're talking about Daddy Bush? :confused: Daddy ain't running. ;)

That CIA crap doesn't count anyway. They are way out there. How can crime be legal? :rolleyes::D

I really wanted Colin Powell and Jesse Ventura to run. :D Gen Powell and an ex-Navy SEAL/Pro Wrestler. Now that's my kind of foreign policy. :eek:

·
Registered
206 Posts
They both suck, Gore gets my vote

I know most of you are Bush supporters, that is your right. This is my opinion.

Bush wants to be just like his daddy, one of the few lame duck first term presidents.

Sometime in my highschool history career I was taught about the lies of the Reagan administration, and that all scares me on Republicans. The working class always suffers under Republican rule, and I am in the working class. Yes, Republicans are better for motorcyclists, but without my motorcycle :( I would still live comfortably.

Bush is not your typical politician, and that is a problem, especially when you take into account the fact that he will have to convince stupid people who rule other countries to do the right thing.

They both have their faults in being truthfull, and in my opinion one is no better than the other at it. Bush does claim to have served in the military during wartime, at least Gore made it to the country where the war was going on. Bush tried to hide the fact that he used cocaine, and still won't talk about it. Is he still a user?

How is Bush going to be better for the environment, his family is oil. Gore will never get rid of the combustion engine, big business won't allow it.

Not to offend anyone, but why are you against registering your'e weapons? You register your house, and your car. Why does it hurt so much to register your'e weapon. Nobody said you have to put the trigger lock on your'e weapon, they just want it to be given to you with your'e weapon. Besides, in most states if a child shoots someone with your'e unlocked weapon, you will get into at least some trouble.

Bush has already hinted that he has a desire to got to war, and he hinted that Isreal is our friend, and we should help our friends militarily if they need it. Do you want to go to war in the middle east, I don't.

Everyone with a brain knows the military is not currently combat ready, and if you look at the stats it has been going downhill since early in Vietnam. I don't see how Gore or Clinton are to blame for this. My father got out of the military during the Bush administration because the policy was getting to thick, the Clinton administration was not needed for the military to shrink.

Vote for who you want, but don't make it out like Clinton and Gore are the reasons for all our problems. The Democrats are only half the problem, the Republicans are the other half.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts