Sportbike World banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Im sorry but the busa may not be a pretty looking bike but the zx14 looks like its right out of an ancient sci fi movie!

I think they tried for the futuristic alienated look.

Ill stick with the gsxr600's and 1000's...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Kawi and everybody else has had plenty of time to try to take the crwon from the Busa and Kawi just now got something to compete with it. I mean if u think about 8 yrs as king in the sport bike world is like having Bush as president for 12 years, waaaayyy tooooo looong. But I like the way the Busa look.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
caribe r1 said:
its right in front of you or you want me to send you a pair of eyeglasses :finger:
It's called a joke, mate, hence the :twofinger smilie.

In case you're unaware, it's normal banter for owners of a particular brand to hang sh*t on other brands.

501 - What you're forgetting is that the Kawi ZZR-1100 (ZX-11) was the king for longer than the 'busa was.

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone (it happens occasionally ;) ), but my understanding is that the Kawi was the king from its introduction in 1990 until the 'busa's intro in 1999. That would be NINE years. The 'busa only held the title until 2006 (a mere seven years), when the ZX-14 hit the streets.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
cookeetree said:
501 - What you're forgetting is that the Kawi ZZR-1100 (ZX-11) was the king for longer than the 'busa was.

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone (it happens occasionally ;) ), but my understanding is that the Kawi was the king from its introduction in 1990 until the 'busa's intro in 1999. That would be NINE years. The 'busa only held the title until 2006 (a mere seven years), when the ZX-14 hit the streets.
Correct Cookee, our bike was the king of the 90's! Although, the Honda CBR 1100XX gave the ZX-11 a good run for it's money when it was introduced in 1997- they fought each other to a stalemate in many tests I've seen. It really wasn't until 1999 when the "Busa came out that the almighty ZX-11/ZZR-1100 relinquished it's crown.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I remember as I was reading through this thread . . .

hearing someone say they hate the Busa, but love the GSXR600,1000

UMM, they are the same look!

just the bigger engine size = more drastic aerodynamics(hence the camel hump on Busa)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Totally disagree on the Busa looking similar to the gsxr 1000/600.

I also think that the Busa is the best looking sport-touring bike around.

The Busa is like a gsxr1000 at 30, not as nimble as it's 20yr old counter part, but still fun to ride. :eyebrows:

The zx-14 looks like a sweet ride for Aquaman. :barf:

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Agreed that the 'busa looks better than the ZX-14, but that's like saying Ugly Betty looks better than a dog's a**ehole. Either way, they're both ugly. :barf2:

21 - 32 of 32 Posts