Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats youre opinion on the 06 zx-14r?? do you guys think its gonna wreck busas?? also, if you were to supe up one (turbo [lol], power commander, exhaust etc.) would it be the fastest streetlegal bike ever??? and more importantly, can anyone ride it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm afraid I am one of those that like the look of the 2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R. I must agree with RealRacer2305 about if it can beat a Hayabusa on the street, strip or on the track. I haven't gotten any information on it but what is on the Kawasaki corporate website. It does look nice and promising though. Large #s of CCs would be hard pressed to hurt its plight.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
ZX-14

Yes, the ZX-14 will be the new king of speed. I predict (for what it's worth) it should put down about 180 rear wheel horsepower. More than enough to dispatch the Busa. Should make a nice replacement for my ZX-11.

I just saw the ZX-14 in all three colors at last weekend's CycleWorld motorcycle show. I must say, I don't much care for the looks of the bike although the blue color was the most forgiving of the bunch. But if the bike performs as advertised, I can overlook the styling. Hell, the Busa is no prize in the looks department either!

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
izzybo69 said:
Its to ugly to hurt the busa, as far as how fast it will be, who knows.
The busa aint exactly pretty... but I guess fat girls need some loving too :D

The zx14 should have what it takes to whip the current busa, but there are rumors of a new one for '07...

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was reading some motorcycle magazine and it said the ZX-14r had 100 ft/lbs of torque. WTF is that?

·
Registered
16 Posts
all i can say is both bikes are ugly....of course then again you dont buy a land rocket to look pretty.

·
Registered
227 Posts
At the moment the kawisaki has definitely got the busa beat. I'm wondering how the situation will change though when the six cylinder , 1400cc busa is released in the pretty near future. ;)
(....god...they're both so damn ugly though :mad: )

·
Registered
1 Posts
RealRacer2305 said:
whats youre opinion on the 06 zx-14r?? do you guys think its gonna wreck busas?? also, if you were to supe up one (turbo [lol], power commander, exhaust etc.) would it be the fastest streetlegal bike ever??? and more importantly, can anyone ride it?
i think its getting out of hand.. more chances to loose your licence.

·
Registered
10 Posts
lmao....when i went to buy my 1st bike in March of this year i was going with the intent on buying a 1400 ninja.
The guy at the bike shop asked me how long i been riding and i said i never have and he refused to sell it to me :)
He suggested something tamer...i went to the gsxr 1000.He said i wasnt understanding him and that i was going to die on one of those kind of bikes :( I ended up with a Katana <-----true story.I am definatly looking forward to buying the 1400 next year.
I mean why else would somone buy something that insanely fast other than to go fast?Who cares what it looks like.

I can see it now....im going to look like the Wile Coyote coming down the street riding on one of those acme rockets lmao.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Nice to hear there are some dealer with some sense. :)

Katana was a much better choice. Put a few thousand miles on it then move up. :thumb:

But I don't care how fast something is when it's that ugly. The Busa is one of the ugliest things to ever hit the pavement running a close second to the Potiac Aztek. :D

Besides, the Busa and ZX14 are fast in straight line... take them to the mountains and watch them get smoked by the little bikes. ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts