Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the whole standing burnout down pat. I want to know how to be rolling...get on the pegs...and break that thing loose for 1/4 mile. I've seen my brother do figure 8s on his F2. He said, just play with the break. I'd like a little more than that.

------------------
Dan...Comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
you need to get a british magazine, they always have articles on how to do this stuff.

i'm just not interested in doing it.

------------------
Tony

00 GSX-R750-yellow & black
88 FZR400-krylon black
94 CBR600F2--sold

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
There is an article in ..hold on I'm grabbing
it... Crapola.. Can't find it.. One of the
good Brit rags, Fastbikes or Superbikes
or Bike Mag.. Two or Three months ago had
how to do it. I've tried it and although
the R1 does a fine job eating tires without
the help of burnouts what I found was that
with a big bore all you need to do is come
to an almost stop (really hard on the brakes
like a rolling endo).. while the weight is
coming off the rear roll the throttle on
quick and hard.. you'll break the end loose
and still have the front rolling in one
smooth move.. it takes time and alot of $$
for tires so I haven't done it more than
twice... Acutally I am going to try it again
real soon b/c my tire is almost toasted.

Take Care, Good Luck, be careful!
Chris :p :cool: :p

------------------
It's nice to have one of the biggest...

·
Registered
22 Posts
From a stop is a snap. Make sure you are in first gear and your front tire/brakes are warm! With your feet on the ground and butt off the seat, give it gas up to the point where your bike makes its torque. Drop the clutch while holding the front brake FIRMLY. DO NOT feed the clutch in slowly. You look real stupid pushing your bike because you just fried your clutch. Poof! Your ruining your tire and setting a bad example for the kids! Keep your legs close to the bike to keep it from trying to spin sideways out from under you. Now just ease the brake off and your rolling. Once you get your balance and feel comfortable start putting your feet on the pegs. The girls/guys may go wild if you are not throwing burnt rubber all over them. They may just think you are a squid. A good source of burnout tires can be found at the race track. There the edges get worn off before the middle does and racers will sell their blood to make $5 to spend on more tires.
Be careful and don't do this where it pisses people off and makes them hate motorcycles. Practice makes perfect. If you tear up your bike doing this, it's your own fault.The wifes 250 Nighthawk will do burn outs on dry pavement. Funny as crap when a squid on a GSXR 750 just wasted his clutch trying!
Minister of Bad PR,
Crusty

------------------
It went...Earth Sky Earth Sky Earth Ambulance.
Crusty

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
a few years ago at pocono, a racer had a suzuki 175 had he did three doughnut burnouts without stopping. maybe you should find a bike like that to practice on.

according the gary rothwell, once your feet are the pegs and you're rolling forward swivle your hips and the back will rotate. don't ask me if it works, i don't (ok can't) do this crap.

------------------
Tony

00 GSX-R750-yellow & black
88 FZR400-krylon black
94 CBR600F2--sold

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Thanks Colin!

------------------
If the front wheel's in the air, Your front tire you will spare.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts