Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could build your own bike using parts from other bikes, what would you use?

Example:

I would take my VFR engine out and maybe replace it with an RC-51. Just curious is all :D

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Hmmm..tough question...

I'd take Valentino Rossi's NSR 500 and throw a headlight and some signals on it. Or do the same thing with the soon to be unveiled YZR-M1.:D Of course they'd have to come with a fulltime mechanic.:(

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have a friend that wants to stick a FZR1000 motor into a Pacific Coast, this is going to be interesting:p

·
Registered
8 Posts
would it be possible if...

hmm...just wondering, would it be possible to make a car
with two motorcycle engines. the left front wheel and the
back left wheel could be joined by say one Hayabusa
engine. same goes for the right sides with the same
Hayabusa engine. Make the car ultra light, perhaps
with fiberglass.

question is, would this work?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Car with bike engine

Sure it's possible. I can't remember exactly, but a few years ago I red in some paper about a guy from astria or switzerland or somwhere in the midle of europe, who bilt a car with two inline six cylinder engines. I can't remember what brand the engines where, but they where japanese. If I remeber right he had a tubular frame, and the body was some fiberstuff. Anyway, he had the engines in a line between the back wheels, and the car was RWD. That's about all I remember.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Someone already did mine. I can get the chassis kit for $7500, it takes a 900ss motor and the whole bike can be pared down to 320lbs.
See attached photo of troll supertwin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts