1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
street ride???:huh:

·
Registered
166 Posts
All I can say is that I hope Bubba and Ricky stay healthy this year. I think there will be a few crashes this year for as hard as these two are going to be pushing each other. If they stay healthy, its going to be one hell of a motocross year. There is also Chad Reed but I dont know if he will compete with these two. Oh and that bike looks pretty damn good!!

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
No matter who you are there is no sweat in making a street iron look like a road racer. Back in the late 40s to mid-60s it was illedgal to ride around with your racing number still on the bike. Also we had a slight problem of some riders putting race numbers on their bikes even though they did not race AND in those days bikes did not have to have lights, signal lights, mirrors or such.

·
Registered
517 Posts
After THOUSANDS of opportunities on this board, Smitty, THE voice of reason, calls someone a poser.

Get it off your chest! :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Bubbas ride

Bubba Stewart, Pro Motocross racer, got this bike from 2 brothers racing right before this years Anaheim SX. A gold plated, custom painted, Kawi 636!I want them as my spomsor! Here is what 2 Brothers had to say about it.
Maybe the biggest fashion accessory, though, arrived after the first practice on Saturday afternoon, the guys from Two Brothers Racing had a presentation for James Stewart. If you remember back at the end of '04, they'd given him an almost entirely gold-plated Kawasaki KLX mini. This time around, they bumped up the scale, and used a road bike. Dave Cullinan from Two Brothers told us, "We started out as a Kawasaki 636. Last year after we gave James his gold mini, he was just blown away. That means a lot to us because this is our passion. Obviously the guy can have anything he wants, and something like this means more to him than anything. So we always try and take it to that next level." A lot of work went into this. Dismantling a bike like this is like taking a car apart. Joel and Willy at the shop took it apart. The guys from Fox put me in touch with a helmet painter. We designed the graphics, and the helmet painter did a lights-out job. It came together in probably a couple months." So how much did the project cost? Dave said, "Well, you start out with a bike that's almost $10,000, add the paint, plating, labor and time, and you could never figure it out. because you can't really put a price on two months worth of work. But I'd say for probably $50,000 you might be able to build another one. The cool thing is that Two Brothers allows us to have this much fun doing these projects. It's a lot of stress because of the pressure to get them done, and to make it this good." "It's kind of funny. We had the little 259 plates welded to the frame and on the swingarm. The day got the frame back from the platers, Joel Albrecht got a call from J-Bone saying, 'Dude, you're not going to believe this…' I'm like, 'He can't change his number. It's impossible for him to change his number.' It just adds to the story. I hear next year he wants a ZX14, and we'll put a number one on it after he wins a championship."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts