Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, 90,000 miles. '90 CBR-1000F, all stock, all original, good maintenance. It's been an excellent bike!:thumb: Maintain them and then run the snot out of 'em.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Dam, and I thought that 1000 mile ride we were alll talking about last week was a long ride.....:laughing:

I was up to 68,000 miles on the Katana until I let the dealership do the maintaince on it ONCE!!! I still find parts in the garage from when it blew up

Congrats with yours...

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QuickCoCo1 said:
you are one crazy old man there mark.......i wonder how far in W.V you are today.....it is pretty nice out today
I bought it to ride and that's what I do with it. How's that crazy?:confused: ;)

I went up to Erie and had lunch with BlackbirdXX from Buffalo. Getting some use out of the middle of that tire as the sides are RIPPED from the track. A nice "tour" type day.:)

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Keep it up Dad,
100.000 miles will show up on youyr clocks in no time!
The most I ve clocked on a motorcycle was 130.000km (around 80.000miles) but it was on a Honda CB250RS!
Those were the times...
Nowadays I don't even have time to ride, except the 6kms to work and back, and since last week when my wife gave birth to our first baby riding time is even more scarce....
Aris

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Wow, that's a lot of happiness miles. I've done several times that in cars, but certainly can't say they've been happy.

Looking forward to the 100k update :thumb:

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MIDLIFE CRISIS said:
Congrats. Time to change the oil:)
This winter I'm doin' all that preventative maintenance stuff. Regap the plugs, look for the air filter again (never did find it, maybe behind the mouse nest), and take another link out of the chain. :thumb: Nothin' but the best for my baby.:D

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kanwisch said:

Looking forward to the 100k update :thumb:
That'll be next year, late spring or early summer. Hope to turn the 100k on the track!:)

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Dad said:
Yup, 90,000 miles. '90 CBR-1000F, all stock, all original, good maintenance. It's been an excellent bike!:thumb: Maintain them and then run the snot out of 'em.:D
imagine putting that many miles on a woman...she still wouldn't look as good.:thumb:

·
Registered
100 Posts
It is great to hear that someone is putting that kind of miles on a bike. Now days people are selling their bike before they get a good 10000 miles.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
v65rider said:
It is great to hear that someone is putting that kind of miles on a bike. Now days people are selling their bike before they get a good 10000 miles.
The real discouraging part is that most sport bikes are crashed into oblivion long before that mileage.:( If I dare to make an observation on my own riding, I am both faster AND slower than most guys I ride with, depending on the conditions. Experience has taught me how, but more importantly when and where, it's reasonable to let it rip. Twisties with a lot of traffic or blind intersections and driveway entrances are an example of bad news. City driving with a lot of parked cars and minimal sight distance at intersections is another. Interstate driving in heavy traffic either tailgating or overtaking at obscene differential speed is another. Ride at whatever pace is comfortable and then with respect for the conditions and you'll up your odds significantly. For the rest of what can happen, wear all of your gear, all of the time. Good luck to all.:)

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
o|||||||o said:
...and the locals all know... That is 90,000 miles on the same pair of lucky undies as well...:twofinger
I was gonna' save it for a surprise but... at 100k we're making lucky tea and you get the first sip!:thumb: :p :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Dad you are right, I read somewhere that the life of a new sportbike is around 6 months.
The guys I ride with have a saying, ride your own ride.
Meaning ride how you feel comfortable. Don't try to keep up with the faster guys and never ride 100% of your ability.
Allways leave some room for manuvering.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Oh Man I didn’t think Hondas ran for that long ;)

Congrats Dad at 100k it's time for a new bike you can sell it and claim 0 miles :D

Anyway, keep on riding :)

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Drei said:
Oh Man I didn’t think Hondas ran for that long ;)
It won't be the first one I've put over 100k on.:thumb:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts