• T1 or Better

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's about damn time Comcast. 56k users...... See Ya!

What are you running on your home connection?

·
Registered
68 Posts
fek ya it rocks!!

Back home i have ADSL... here in college at my apartment i have Cable..

Ive been with broadband for 2 YEARS NOW!!! :twofinger

·
Registered
576 Posts
chad 711 said:
Yeah it will grow on ya! Go to www.dslreports.com and you can test your cable line to see how fast it is. Go to dlsr tools then click on speed test.

Mine is about 116 times faster the a 56K. Eat that!:D :D
You can also go to the tweaks section of that web page and possibly make it run even faster. Especially if you have Windows 98.

I used to have cable in my last apt, but in the one I live in now we're still using dial up :(.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Still stuck @ 56k! :barf: :crying: :mad: .

I live in a rural area and my only other choice would be that Direct PC garbage. :finger: No thanks.....way too pricey for what it's worth, and I still need a dial-up account!?:mad: :confused:

There's a small company around here that's trying to get a microwave broadband system off the ground, but they say the response from residents hasn't exactly been overwhelming. One can hope though...

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hysyde said:
Still stuck @ 56k! :barf: :crying: :mad: .

I live in a rural area and my only other choice would be that Direct PC garbage. :finger: No thanks.....way too pricey for what it's worth, and I still need a dial-up account!?:mad: :confused:

There's a small company around here that's trying to get a microwave broadband system off the ground, but they say the response from residents hasn't exactly been overwhelming. One can hope though...
I know exactly what you are saying bro... I was stuck with 56K forever because they had to drill a few holes in a couple of cows to run the fiber lines for the cable in my area ;) :D

·
Registered
192 Posts
I am 1/2 mile out of DSL range with "no immediate plans for expansion" and cable is friggin' expensive here.

I like the holy cow comment.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I don't have cable so I have DSL :D I wish it were faster though...

Oh yeah, whoever is buying cable is a sucker :D :D GET A SATELITE ! Pirate a Canadian dish if you want (if you are in the US) If you are in Canada then pirate a US dish :D

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
chris_y2k_r1 said:
I know exactly what you are saying bro... I was stuck with 56K forever because they had to drill a few holes in a couple of cows to run the fiber lines for the cable in my area ;) :D
:laughing: :laughing: Sounds like we share the same misfortune:D

·
Registered
544 Posts
sisqo said:
Hey Sisqo,
I was just curious whether or not you realized this thread is 2.5 years old when you replied?

:twofinger

aw, have a good night.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
praxedes said:
Hey Sisqo,
I was just curious whether or not you realized this thread is 2.5 years old when you replied?

:twofinger

aw, have a good night.
Yes sweetie, I did realize that. I thought it was funny that I had the same problem as Chris about a year and a half back, you know, living in the sticks and everything:D Thanks for the heads up Prax:thumb:

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
sisqo said:
Hey, maybe I can brighten the day a bit. I'm studying wireless for my graduate degree, and broadband access delivered via radio signals from products such as Motorola Canopy are growing quickly. The solution's ideally suited for flat land with people in medium density farmland. I assume that was what the other poster was referring to with "microwaves".

Perhaps you'd be interested in a business opportunity? I've been considering doing this myself here in Indiana or up near my in-laws, where wind farms are growing in popularity.

Just some thoughts :2cents:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
sisqo said:
Yes sweetie, I did realize that. I thought it was funny that I had the same problem as Chris about a year and a half back, you know, living in the sticks and everything:D Thanks for the heads up Prax:thumb:
J has an amazing talent for being the most polite a$$hole in all of sbw. :laughing: :laughing:

:D :twofinger

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Slip-On said:
J has an amazing talent for being the most polite a$$hole in all of sbw. :laughing: :laughing:

:D :twofinger
I still have half a heart Rob:rolleyes: , just cause you corrupted the other half doesnt mean that I have to give in to all of your demented ways;) ...:twofinger

1 - 17 of 17 Posts