Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in case anyone was wondering how the BT 010 perform I thought I would pass this along. TRY THEM. I have always ridden on Dunlop 207's with one set of Avons and although the Dunlops are a good tire when you get aggressive with them their flaws, especially with the R1, come out. The biggest problem for me has always been the stability of the tire at full lean. They tended to wobble slightly and it was difficult to hold the exact line I wanted. Now don't get me wrong I am not in any way a racer. There is an area by my house that has been turned into a road course by the riders that frequent the area and it is a lot of fun. The BT-010 though has no instability at lean. The bike leans almost effortlessly and even hard on the throttle at the exit did not wobble the tire. The stability at high speed in a straight line even seems slightly better. I do not know how well they will last but I do know that the tire showed little if any wear after 37 miles of hard cornering and acceleration. They also seem to warm up quicker. The sizes I run on the R1 are 180-55-17 rear and 120-65-17 front. Just thought I would pass this along.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Welcome

Thanks for the info. I'm running the OEM BT57's on my XX and I've been wanting to try something with a softer compound. It'll be interesting to see how your BT010's wear on your R1. I worry that a heavy bike like the XX will chew up softer tires in nothing flat.

·
Registered
137 Posts
BT 020

I'm running the BT 020 on the rear of my bird and it is holding up well.

It is stable, grip is good, and so far have done about 1500kms on it without alot of wear:)

Very happy:)

*Note: running Pirelli Dragon front (good tyre)

Ross CBR1100xx

·
Registered
468 Posts
WIKD-R1, I agree. The BT-010s are the best tires I have ever run on any of my bikes. I cannot recommend them highly enough. The only thing I would add is that they also slide better than any other tire I have run. What I mean is that they are totally predictable, and controllable, in when they start to go, and how fast they go from there. They make rear wheel steering child's play. I guess that I only bring this up because I am currently running Pilot Sports on my 929, and they pretty much suck. They let go with no warning what so ever, and totally unpredictably. They give no feedback as to how much traction you have left, so you end up at the limit without realizing you are there, and then ZIP, they let go. I have one more set of Pilots to burn up, and it is back to the BT-010s for me. :cool:

I would just like to add, in defense of the Pilots, that I was a little harsh in saying that they suck. At anywhere below the limits of traction, they are actually very good tires. They take a little long to warm up for my taste, but for everyday riding, they are more than adequate, just not as good as the BT-010s at the limit.

[Edited by Rossco929 on 11-14-2000 at 08:46 PM]

·
Squid
2019 Ducati Monster 1200s
813 Posts
Hey WIKDR1,
Where you running the 190 207's before the switch to the BT-010's, or 180?

·
Registered
292 Posts
I recently changed my 207's to the BT010's. I still use a 190 rear. So far so good. They certainly feel more stable and haven't surprised me at the limit yet. I've only put on a couple hundred hard miles though. I certainly like them better than the Dunlops.

I've heard similar complaints about the Michelins. The seem to have more ultimate grip but let go very suddenly as a result. It has to do with design comprimises in tires and a dillema faced by racers: More predictable and slidable, or more grip and less control at the limit?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts