Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, my name is jenny and i am new to the motorcycling world (and forum world as a matter of fact), I have stummbled upon your motorcylcing club on the internet. Looks to me like a good time. I live in Sterling Heights and would love to get out riding with new people, no offense to my boyfriend but sometimes it gets old only having him to ride with. And i would love to meet some female riders. I absoulty love riding my motorcycle, it could possibly be one of my favorite things to do. But because I only have a 250 and i am a small girl i am petrified of riding on the freeway, so my riding is a little bit limited.

Anyhow I wanted to say hi, and introduce myself.

·
Registered
237 Posts
ok lets be serious, you ride a motorcycle you can't be THAT girly, that said, motorcycle chicks are hot. welcome to the site!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Welcome :twofinger

Don't worry about the freeway...it will all come with time. Before you know it you will be tryin to pull up the front. :laughing:

Ride safe!

·
Registered
215 Posts
welcome to the site:twofinger

Yeah, dont worry about the freeway. I took my friend out on the freeway for the first time this past weekend. He was a little nervouse but got used to it quickly and like it. Also I think the freeway is safer than being on the regular streets. Thats my :2cents:

Well have fun, be safe, and welcome to the board of crazyness.:moon:

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
Welcome

We have many women that ride...off of the top of my head I think there are around 10 or so. There are plenty of opportunities to ride...and even more with women.:thumb:

·
Registered
494 Posts
WELOME FEMALE RIDER!!! I love to ride too, so if you ever want to go.. post up and we'll go! :D Don't worry about the expressway.. once you get on it once and get going.. you'll LOVE it!

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
skids said:
Definately shouldn't be afraid of the freeways. They are the best place to learn to wheelie...........:D
:laughing: Not sure about that, but once you're used to speed the freeway is probably the safest place you can ride. In town is much more dangerous with side access roads, stop and go (people not stopping/seeing you), etc. Give me the freeway anyday, just make it twisty! :D

·
Registered
399 Posts
Freeways on a 250?

Freeways are safer, but have you spent much time on them riding a 250?

I've done some freeway time on my wife's CB350, and its not the funnest place to be!

Kevin

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Re: Freeways on a 250?

919rider said:
Freeways are safer, but have you spent much time on them riding a 250?

I've done some freeway time on my wife's CB350, and its not the funnest place to be!

Kevin
Haven't spent a lot of time on smaller bikes, but I can't imagine those being worse than a Blast. Not just a Blast, but a Blast with my big 250 lb ass on it. :laughing: I look like I'm riding a pocketbike.

Ah well, they can laugh all they want. It's still faster than most cars on the road, it's paid for, and it gets 70 miles per gallon. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Freeway riding

Don't be afraid of the freeways. Spicersh is 100% correct, it is MUCH safer than in-town riding. No stop lights or intersections, no cars turning left in front of you, no cars pulling out of side-streets without looking, etc.

I've been hit by cars twice in the city. I've never even had any kind of close call on the highways or interstates. I'll take the open road over city riding ANY day.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
Welcome :thumb: there will be a nice ride for you to get your feet wet with us come the 10th... you should try to make it.. we are going to hit a few back roads out to M25 and around the thumb and back... a good all days ride with not much traffic insight ;)

hmm... a all girls ride is def. gotta be worked out this summer.. especially since we got so many now :D Christie (tigress) work your magic hun and pic a day... we can make it like we did last time or do something farther away for ya'll but closer for me like vassar :p no matter where..

E.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Kuhrazy said:
Sometimes I think that's the only reason Doc has a bike... :D
Second reason I bought my first bike, back then.
I think I used it for pimpin for five years before I even started to mod it....lol......

1 - 20 of 127 Posts