Sportbike World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever had a almost whistling/whining sound when the bike moves? Whether the engine is running or not you can hear it. but once the engine starts you cant hear it that much (due to the noise covering it up, obviously) but it almost seems to go away when you apply the brakes. I might add i very rarely use the bake brakes to stop. so could this sound be telling me i need new brakes??
also when i do use my bake brakes hard it actually switches gears.. is that suppose to happen???

------------------
Trying is the first step towards failure.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GodCreatedOne:
has anyone ever had a almost whistling/whining sound when the bike moves?

the pads rub the rotors, they're supposed to

Whether the engine is running or not you can hear it. but once the engine starts you cant hear it that much (due to the noise covering it up, obviously) but it almost seems to go away when you apply the brakes. I might add i very rarely use the bake brakes to stop. so could this sound be telling me i need new brakes??

you can look at the pad thickness pretty easily, just look down the side. it could be rust on the rotor too. hit the brake and clean it off.

also when i do use my bake brakes hard it actually switches gears.. is that suppose to happen???

i don't think so, suzuki-matic?

[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts