Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant get a tight feel on my brake lever......all new seals new pads everything degreased cleaned wiped.....my lever doesnt really get a good "feel" until about half way down!!!!!

If i get down and look inwards from the front wheel and i can see the pads and pistons on the calipers.....only 2 pistons out of the 4 on each caliper are really coming out!!!! What could be the cause???? Bleeding maybe??? I want that one finger feel that i know im supposed to have.

Any help is much appreciated thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Candy,

There could be a couple of reasons;

1.) The pistons on your caliper are sticking (probably because they're dirty)
2.) You need to bleed your system

These are the two main reasons for your problem. Try bleeding and then if that didn't work, take your calipers and pads off and scrub the pistons with a toothbrush (preferably not the one you'll be using before bedtime!). I hope that helps a little.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Toystore is correct in bleeding your brakes. Once you get done bleeding your brakes, tie your brake handle about 1/2 back and leave it over night to ensure you get all the air out. If you would like a detailed page on how I bleed brakes, please let me know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Toystore is correct in bleeding your brakes. Once you get done bleeding your brakes, tie your brake handle about 1/2 back and leave it over night to ensure you get all the air out. If you would like a detailed page on how I bleed brakes, please let me know.

Please that would be great i think im doing it properly but i would like to see how you do it

·
Registered
39 Posts
If it turns-out to be a problem, Goodridge makes banjo bolts and bleeder nipples that are one-way. I use them, and it make my life much easier. All you do is crack it open, and pump away; it's that simple!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts