Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to replace the brake pads on my 600cc bike for the first time. I am a new racer and wonder what other racers use on there 600cc bikes. Do I need the most extreme pads out there for my machine? Where can I get the best price on pads? If the type of pads I get depends on my riding style then please explain. Thanks

·
Registered
331 Posts
I would suggest that you use EBC HH. They are far better than stock(you will notice the difference) and are unlikelly to overheat and warp the rotors. Be careful not to buy too extreme of a pad because they WILL destroy your rotors. And if don't already have some good aftermarket brakes lines(SS, kevlar) then do yourself a favor and get some. I have used the EBC's on the track all year and have no complaints at all.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I will get a set. I have kevlar lines is there a difference in brake performance when using DOT 4 or DOT 5 brake fliud. I do know that these fluids are made of different substances. Has anyone tryed both.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
dtb4CBR said:
Thanks I will get a set. I have kevlar lines is there a difference in brake performance when using DOT 4 or DOT 5 brake fliud.
Do not use the DOT 5, first it becomes a hassle if you need more fluid at a race, I don't think you will find many people using it. second DOT 5 will not absorb water, and this can cause problems in the long run. Use a high quality DOT 4. I use the NEO Super Dot, but it cost more. Valvoline (sp.) makes a very good brake fluid, it is called power brake fluid comes in a gold bottle.

On the subject of brake pads I am currently using the EBC HH pads the feel is good and power is great, but they drag more than the stock pads. On the SV and most modern Suzuki (not sure on the other manufactures) sport bikes stock pads are HH rated, while they may cost more the performance can be as good if not better than the EBC's, and they won't drag as much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts