Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently installed some clear taillights on my f4i. Now, when I squeeze my front brakes, the brake lights don't engage. However, they do come on when the rear brake is pressed. Has anyone had any problems like this and if is how can I fix it? Thanks for your help.:(

·
Registered
298 Posts
The brake light is on one circuit with two switches, so the problem is probably not due to your new taillight assembly. Likely causes are disconnected wires at the front brake lever, a disconnected connector where the wires from the lever join the wiring harness, or a bad switch in the lever.

First check the wires at the lever. If one or both is disconnected, reconnect and test. If they're securely connected, remove and short them. If the brake light then works, the switch may be faulty. If it doesn't work, look for a wayward connector downstream.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
The lever switch on my RC got messed up. I took it apart and resurfaced the contacts. The unit is not made to be easily taken apart so you may want to just purchase a new one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts