Sportbike World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you run any type of brake light modules? 2 types - LED type & turn signal module.
I just purchased/installed the little flashing red LED tail lights. It took about 10 minutes to complete the installation. They only come on when you are on the brakes and continue to flash until you release the brakes. The other riders in my group when commenting on them today, on how bright they are even from far away - much brighter than the stock taillight.
The turn signal module works on bikes with twin tail lamps. They flash the turn signals about 5 times and then go solid-on unless you have a turn signal on then they act as normal.
The LED type works every time you use the brakes, the module doesn't. The LED uses less amperage, last longer than a normal lightbulb. It takes less time to install. I have not seen any disadvantage to them, yet. Both cost within a couple of dollars of each other - $60.00.

I hate getting rear-ended. :mad:

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
38 speeding tickets and still counting

·
Registered
380 Posts
I've never seen a tailight modulator but I have seen one on the headlight. Very noticeable. I saw the guy coming from a long way away.

------------------
Ride the Pace,
JD

1 - 2 of 2 Posts