Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must say again it is good to see a smile on your face when at the track Boycie. Here is a pic for you to put on the wall to remember. I'll try my best not to let you have too high expectations. :twofinger

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hmmm...52 deg of lean

Not bad Boycie, here's one of Biaggi at 57 degrees to encourage you.

Bullet, what happened to you in Race 1? Good best lap but finished up being lapped.

And Christ, I see even Carl was lapped, the pace is still getting hotter.

I was in Shanghai, sorry to have missed another fun weekend, but in any case the K4 is no longer insured and the K5 only has 160km on the clock. Plan to be there to race the pace car next time.

Attachments

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lean angle?

I had a bad start in the 1st race and wheelied off the line. Had to go off the throttle to let the front wheel come back down. By the time I could turn on the juice again I was passed by half the field. Managed to outbreak some into the first corner and take a couple more during the first lap. However, after a couple of laps I caught up with the front group and got stuck behind Boycie. He knew he had people behind him and was taking some very defensive lines. He was also loosing touch with the guys in front of him. While trying to pass him I overshot going into turn 4, but that wasn't really a passing maneuver. It was caused by him veering from side to side going into the corner and me having to let of the brake to turn so I wouldn't crash with him. Anyway, I managed to pass him and put in a couple of very hot laps. As I was getting in touch with the front guys I was a little too hard on the throttle between turn 1 and 2 and had to pull the brake a bit more than I should when tipping into 2. I managed to do my very first low side, and happy it happened in such a slow corner. Damage was some tears to the front side of the leathers, scratches on the bike and a broken footpeg. I lifted the bike back up, limped through the rest of the race and saved 9th place for some points.

The best thing of the weekend was that even though my mechanics had forgotten to bring my extra footpeg, they had some friends that alu-welded another peg back on. I could do the 2nd race and salvaged 4th. In fact I was in 3rd for most of the latter part of the race, but after switching places something which felt like 10 times on the last 2 laps, I lost my 3rd place into the last corner of the race. I hope they recorded the last lap we had because it would something worth watching again.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Lean angles?

Here's a lean angle shot for ya

Attachments

·
Registered
726 Posts
I meant while still staying up....

Gobert and Russell?

Oh.. here we go again....

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Re: I meant while still staying up....

Chumley said:
Gobert and Russell?

Oh.. here we go again....

One outta two aint bad.... :D

We missed nothing much on Monday mate, has been cold wet and windy here for a couple of weeks now!!!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Re: Lean angle?

Silva Bullet said:
and got stuck behind Boycie. He knew he had people behind him and was taking some very defensive lines. He was also loosing touch with the guys in front of him. While trying to pass him I overshot going into turn 4, but that wasn't really a passing maneuver. It was caused by him veering from side to side going into the corner and me having to let of the brake to turn so I wouldn't crash with him.

my mechanics had forgotten to bring my extra footpeg, they had some friends that alu-welded another peg back on.
Yes i quite agree Nils...it clearly states in the race rules ....no veering from side to side........Fark ooorf wil ya:finger:

Maybe use the horn next time and he'll pull to one side and wave you thru:cool:

The race rules DO say no welding of footpegs etc. Farkin dangerous to weld any cast alu parts that are already brittle you plonka.

Might well have to pop up to KL next race if you guys are gonna fight it out:twofinger

·
Registered
642 Posts
CHIPS AWAY !!!!!

C'mon Nils, call it like it was.... You fucked up, Boycie did great and he made you work to pass him, which is racing.

From what I could see, he looked like very credible competition. Makes me wonder what extra uuummph he could find if he actually did a bit of exercise!!!!!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Re: CHIPS AWAY !!!!!

Blue Catt said:
.. From what I could see, he looked like very credible competition. Makes me wonder what extra uuummph he could find if he actually did a bit of exercise!!!!!
Boycie doing excercise .. he he he he .. ha ha ha ha .. hooo hoo hoo

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Re: CHIPS AWAY !!!!!

Blue Catt said:
C'mon Nils, call it like it was.... You fucked up, Boycie did great and he made you work to pass him, which is racing.

From what I could see, he looked like very credible competition. Makes me wonder what extra uuummph he could find if he actually did a bit of exercise!!!!!
You leave him alone!!! That keyboard's farkin heavy:finger:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bunch of whiners!!

Silva Bullet said:
I must say again it is good to see a smile on your face when at the track Boycie. Here is a pic for you to put on the wall to remember. I'll try my best not to let you have too high expectations. :twofinger
I was in fact praising the guy. From my experience, Boycie is more than able to speak and complain by himself. Although, I haven't heard any of that lately though (what a difference a Yamaha makes? :D )...

Racing is racing, and I was just trying to explain how difficult it was to get past his big arse!! :twofinger

·
Registered
406 Posts
My Arse!

The bike is sweet there's no doubt and this was the first round for along time where I enjoyed myself.

Happy with the 1.11's but made a lot of mistakes myself. I'll think you'll remember that one at turn 4 in race II where after getting passed you and Ikwan I handed it all back. I dare say I wouldn't have held third place for that long anyhow!

If,as it would seem, the pace is 1.10.5's then I still have a way to go before you really do have to invest in the 'Max Biaggi Excuse' Book!

It was just nice to be mixing it up with the 'fast guys' for once.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts