Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ducati Corse Press Information

Monday 23 October 2000

Ducati Corse wishes to announce that its official riders for the 2001 World Superbike Championship will be Troy Bayliss, Ruben Xaus and Ben Bostrom. Three Ducati official bikes will therefore line up on the grid for next season.

In addition to Troy Bayliss, who has already been confirmed, Ruben Xaus and Ben Bostrom will form part of the Bologna manufacturer's WSBK factory team for next year.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Haga leaving SBK?

Haga is leaving SBK in 2001? Nah! Yamaha does not have anyone to take his place. He will apparently ride the Red-Bull Yamaha with McCoy in the GPs - if you wanna believe the posts on the internet.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Good for Ben. 7th overall for his first season is cool. Even if he raced with 2 different teams. Hope he can beat Bayliss in points next season.

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cbr600f4gd said:
Does this mean that the rumors about Ben having his own team next year were false?
I think he was talking to a few sponsors about starting his own team, and then Ducati Corse made him an offer to rejoin the factory squad.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I can't believe he would go back with them. I loved it when they demoted him to the semi factory supported team and then he went out and kicked his old teams ass! I can't wait for the '00 WSB review to come out!(www.duke-usa.com)
I watch the '99 review at least once a week - can't get enough!

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Re: Haga leaving SBK?

V. Reynolds said:
Haga is leaving SBK in 2001? Nah! Yamaha does not have anyone to take his place. He will apparently ride the Red-Bull Yamaha with McCoy in the GPs - if you wanna believe the posts on the internet.
i would guess that if haga does go gp racing that yamaha would bump gobert up to the world superbike series. just my guess (not based on fact).

as for ben bostrom, he'll do good, but i think next year is bayliss's year. he is really awesome. i was surprised when ducati wanted to promote bostrom over bayliss in the first place. not to take anything away from bostrom who will be very, very good.

xaus is the real question mark to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts