Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I did the boots search and didn't come up with much.

I know Sidi boots are sweet, but I need to get something out of our books so I can get it at dealer cost.

So I can choose from the following:

Alpinestars

Icon

Agvsport

Fieldsheer

Gaerne

Diadora

Anyone have a pair from one of these that they really like? I don't think I will be doing much walking around in these. Going in a store or gas station, not going to wear them when I just ride to work then I will be in them all day. So I'm looking for a boot for RIDING not going to the mall.

Thanks for any info...

-M-

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
mstrand_68 said:

So I can choose from the following:

Alpinestars

Anyone have a pair from one of these that they really like? I don't think I will be doing much walking around in these. Going in a store or gas station, not going to wear them when I just ride to work then I will be in them all day. So I'm looking for a boot for RIDING not going to the mall.
Your choice is easy! Alpinestar SMX-Plus racing boots (http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Alpinestars_S-MX_PLUS_Racing_Boots--34-A512.html).
I have a pair and they are great boots. Not only are they what you're looking for.. but they're also comfortable enough to walk around in. I always wear them when I ride no matter how I'll be riding or where I'm going.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi mstrand_68:

My sole (hey, that's funny!) piece of advice about the boots is that you should get the BLACK version of whatever you choose. Colored leathers, gloves, and boots have a way of coming back to haunt you when you purchase a new bike or your tastes change as you grow older. :burnout:

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Re: Re: Boots?

Unas_the_Slayer said:
Your choice is easy! Alpinestar SMX-Plus racing boots (http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Alpinestars_S-MX_PLUS_Racing_Boots--34-A512.html).
I have a pair and they are great boots. Not only are they what you're looking for.. but they're also comfortable enough to walk around in. I always wear them when I ride no matter how I'll be riding or where I'm going.
I concur with this, that is what I wear and have them for like 3 years and are very comfy. I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've had 3 pairs of Alpinestars in the past and then I came upon the Gaerne GR-S! Love these boots! Try them...I think you'lll like them.

·
Registered
116 Posts
If you are looking for a deal, don't forget ebay. I got luck on an auction and picked mine up for about $100 cheaper than the retail on them.

·
Registered
892 Posts
i agree alpinestars are great. if your looking for a boot to wear on the street that is comfortable and protective get the new icon field armors. i wear them all day, almost everyday now for 2 weeks. they need some breaking in though as with every boot.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I know you can't choose from Sidi, but check Ebay. I got a brand new pair of Vertabra's for a hundred bucks. Can't beat it even with wholesale. Great boots by the way. Get'em a 1/2 size bigger than your size though.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the posts. I will look into all the suggestions. sizing is definatly a problem. Since highschool I have worn a 9, Year ago 8 1/2, 6 months ago 8, 2 weeks ago got a new pair of shoes=7 1/2's that where a touch to big. Damn I'm german not chinese...

-M-

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
mstrand_68 said:
Thanks for all the posts. I will look into all the suggestions. sizing is definatly a problem. Since highschool I have worn a 9, Year ago 8 1/2, 6 months ago 8, 2 weeks ago got a new pair of shoes=7 1/2's that where a touch to big. Damn I'm german not chinese...

-M-
Heh, sounds like me. I've worn 12 to 12 1/2 all through high school and now im wearing 10 1/2s. If your looking for a cheap solution for comfortable boots look at the Icon Superduty 2 boots. I got em for $75. I know they aren't race boots and dont offer the best protection but I needed something that I could ride in and wear at school, as well as everywere else. Only down side to em I've found thus far is that they like to pick up any wax or metal cleaner, like mothers, off your bike. But it wipes off with a wet cloth. Just my :2cents:

Sepias

1 - 11 of 11 Posts