Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
I need boots, too.

I would say boots. I have some armor in the back of my jacket...don't know if that would protect against impact, but should atleast protect from rash.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Boots, unless you plan on taking it to the track in which case you need both.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'll be the odd one out and say go for the back protector first since your spine is just as important as your brain. A good blow to your spine can render you paralysed.

If possible, buy both as soon as you can (even if you have to eat instant noodles for a few weeks :D ) because safety should be your number one priority, not mods for your bike.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay, i think i'm going to buy the icon field armour boots. i haven't heard anything about them, but I wanted something that wouldn't look like i was going to the track.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
The Field Armor boot answers the need for specific footwear that provides GP level protection with mall walking comfort.
Hehe, only in America. :p

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
ESanders2 said:
okay, i think i'm going to buy the icon field armour boots. i haven't heard anything about them, but I wanted something that wouldn't look like i was going to the track.
As long as you don't wear tight pants (queer :twofinger ), you can just put your pants over racing boots. I wear camo pants all the time and that's what I do with my Astar racing boots and people think I'm wearing sneakers.. although I'm not sure how they can miss the two strips of armor attached to the side.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
I'll go with Smitty, and Moomba...:D

In reality, you should have both...and yep, riding a sportbike is Spendy.........deal with it...:p :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts