Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm keeping the 1993 BMW R100R as my daily rider, but earlier today I bought a brand spanking new Triumph Sprint RS. This is going to be my track bike and part-time street bike. My wife made a deal - no more dirt bikes and I help landscape the back yard - and I could buy a new bike for track days. After riding a Buell M2 Cyclone, Buell X1 Lightning, Ducati 750SS, Triumph TT600, and the Sprint RS I settled on the larger Triumph. I like torque. The Buells have gobs of it, but the Sprint RS is a much more refined ride.

My motivation? Simple, really. I wanted to race, but the wife nixed that idea. She agrees we need to attend some riding schools, and I'm signed up for Reg Pridmore's CLASS school at the Streets of Willows in early November. This is the one they refer to as the "Chronologically Challenged" school for riders over 40. Sounds better than "Old Farts School." I've also signed up for a Club Desmo track day at Laguna Seca a couple of weeks after the CLASS school, and plan to get on a track five or six times per year. There are some advantages to living in California.

Yeee Haaaa! I pick up the Trumpet this Saturday.

------------------
"For every action there is an equal and moronic overreaction."
Peter Egan

[This message has been edited by photobug (edited August 10, 2000).]

G

·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by photobug:
earlier today I bought a brand spanking new Triumph Sprint RS.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm so sorry.

Just kidding, congrats on the new bike!

------------------
Pete
"The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of
age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers."

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I posted my impressions on the TT600 on that thread, so go on over there and read all about it. I liked the bike, it just isn't quite what I need. I was looking for something that will do the job on the track and as a sport touring bike when my son gets his street license. He can follow along behind on the R100R while I ride the Sprint RS. The 600cc bikes are just too small for sport touring duty.

------------------
Peter Egan

[This message has been edited by photobug (edited August 10, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by photobug:
... Triumph Sprint RS. This is going to be my track bike and part-time street bike...
[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sprint as a track bike? Damn, I thought I was old! :)

------------------
'98 Superhawk

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well Tristan, why do you think they let me in the Chronologically Challenged CLASS class?

Besides, I never said I'm planning to actually race the thing. I'm going to take it to some track days and use it as a sport/tourer occassionally.

Now I need to keep my fingers crossed and hope the carbon fiber race canister doesn't get me black-flagged at Laguna Seca. I do still have a squidly streak.

------------------
Peter Egan

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I do still have a squidly streak.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't that a requirement for being a an SBW member?

------------------
'98 Superhawk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts