Sportbike World banner

blinker intergration

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  tafka 
#1 ·
Is a blinker intergration legal? If I'm not mistaken I think blinkers have to be a certain distance apart.

------------------
John

Not the brightest crayon in the box now, are we?

#2 ·
John, I think it depends upon which state you are in. I know that some people here in New York have put on flush mounted turn signals on their bikes and passed inspection without any problems. I think the manufacturers make them to the "least common denominator"; in other words it passes in the state and/or country with the toughest laws, so the rest of us just suffer... :(

------------------
Richard M. Poniarski
'00 Kawasaki ZR750F2, a.k.a. ZR-7
AMA #674623
NY S666C
ZR7OA #3

#3 ·
up here in the (rainy) state of washington,...you do not have to have turn signals,...so on that note, you could probably do just about whatever you want.
i would check with your state's requirement's

------------------
texas tornado #2

#4 ·
The above is true, it varies from state to state. Here in CA. the signals have to be 3" away from the tail light.

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:Kyle@sportbikeworld.com

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
-- Charles Dickens

#5 ·
I think the requirement is mandated by the USDOT, pertaining to height, visibility, and separation distance. Me, I put on one of the integrator kits that flash the taillight bulbs and did away with rear signals entirely. The police here in Alabama are so grateful on the rare occassions when they see anyone using any type of signal that I haven't had any problems yet, although they probably are illegal in the same way that headers and jet kits are illegal.

------------------

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.